Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

--SOLD--

Three of my cards in the recent group sub graded EX 5 because I missed a wrinkle. I am building my mid-late '70s sets with NM-MT or better graded stars, so I have no use for these.
Two of them are dead-nuts centered on the front, and the third is close. They all have sharp corners. All card backs are clean and centered 70-30 or better. These would look fantastic in a raw set.

*1975 Topps Willie Stargell #100, PSA 5
*1977 Topps Nolan Ryan #650, PSA 5
*1979 Topps Tom Seaver #100, PSA 5, 55-45 centering both l/r & t/b. (I STILL haven't found the wrinkle on this one, even with a magnifying glass. I'm sure it's there, but I'll be damned if I can find it!)

UPDATE: Price is now $30 delivered, and the price is firm...... but I'm going to keep adding raw '70s/80s baseball to the lot periodically until it sells. You get EVERY card pictured in this thread. As soon as you decide $30 is a good deal, send me a PM letting me know that you want it!

'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
-CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
*Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA

Comments

• I remember looking at all 3 of these. I had no interest in seeing the high grade cards from the group sub. I was more interested in finding the minor flaws on the lower graded ones. I believe I gave up on the Seaver too.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

• New rules, see first post. Lot now contains the three PSA 5 cards, plus this very solid NM-MT '76 Topps Dodgers team card:

(Note that the scan looks wavy. I don't know why that happened but the card does NOT look like that in hand)

-CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

• This '76 Phillies team card is now included in the lot. It has a small smudge on the top border of the back of the card. In my opinion the card is NM-MT.
    Now 5 cards for $30 delivered.

-CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

• 1979 Topps Red Sox team card NM-MT (I would call it MINT if not for the tilt) and '83 Topps Johnny Bench NM-MT+ added, and the three PSA cards are now scanned.

Now seven cards for $30 delivered.

-CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

• ttt
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

• Now adding a nicely centered NM+ '78 Topps Pete Rose to the lot. Left and right edges of the card have a rough cut.

All eight cards pictured in this thread, $30 delivered!

-CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

• imageimageimage
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

• bump
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

• Next up is a '76 Topps Gary Carter. This one is a strong NM.

-CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

• Now added to the lot: This nice-looking NM '75 Giants team card.

10 cards, $30 delivered.

-CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

• Card #11 is a '70 Topps Jim Palmer. Would be EXMT+ to NM if not for the poor centering and the tilt. I'll call it EX. Back is very clean and centered better than the front.

-CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

• Championship Sunday bump
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

• Card #12 is an '86 Fleer Canseco/Plunk RC. I don't see any flaws that would keep this card out of a PSA 9 holder, if one were to have it graded. Corners are very strong.

There was a time when $30 delivered for this card alone would have been a bargain! Don't sleep on this deal!!! image

-CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

• bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    PM Sent
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • HallcoHallco Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image...Congrats on an almost 1 year project finally coming to an end!! image

<< <i>image...Congrats on an almost 1 year project finally coming to an end!! image >>

yeah, I finally had to throw him a bone. image
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • HallcoHallco Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>image...Congrats on an almost 1 year project finally coming to an end!! image >>

yeah, I finally had to throw him a bone. image >>

Oh just admit it....You are a closet Eric Plunk hoarder aren't ya!!!!!!!! imageimage

<< <i>

<< <i>

yeah, I finally had to throw him a bone. image >>

Oh just admit it....You are a closet Eric Plunk hoarder aren't ya!!!!!!!! imageimage >>

Hey, it's like I told Jason in my PM - the dueling staches didn't make me pull the trigger!!!! I swear!!!
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

• << <i>image...Congrats on an almost 1 year project finally coming to an end!! image >>

I noticed that yesterday- I honestly didn't realize how long it had been!! I suppose I could have been more diligent in trying to get these sold.

It just goes to show that when it's time to stop f**king around and get the job done, you bring in Jose Canseco.
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

• onefasttalononefasttalon Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭
    "It just goes to show that when it's time to stop f**king around and get the job done, you bring in Jose Canseco."

The Can-Man was at the Sun Times show this past weekend... talk about excitement!
    No matter how hard he manages to tarnish his image, he still has one helluva following!

On a side note... I was about to end your struggle to, but got beat the punch.

ALWAYS Looking for Chris Sabo cards!

<< <i>"It just goes to show that when it's time to stop f**king around and get the job done, you bring in Jose Canseco."

The Can-Man was at the Sun Times show this past weekend... talk about excitement!
    No matter how hard he manages to tarnish his image, he still has one helluva following!

On a side note... I was about to end your struggle to, but got beat the punch. >>

Don't despair... I can let you have the Plunk/Canseco for SMR image
    ----------------------
    ----------------------