Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Hello Carol !!!

Hi Carol,

If your trying to figure out the specials for April, I have lots of 1900-1950 stuff that has not fit into the last two Specials and I think it is now time for the $5 dollar any card any Year, as long as it is under $100 bucks value. I have a bunch that are waiting!!!!!

Thanks Carol!!!

Neilimage

YeeHahimage
Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    Carol, let's keep it simple and just extend the March specials into April.image
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Carol is a smart, beautiful, intelligent woman. I am sure she will do what is best for all!
  • Options
    I agree with this thread. These specials are especially worth while for people with modern cards. For instance, if someone has tony gwynn, boggs, sandberg, maddux, glavine, bonds, canseco, Mcgriff, or mattingly modern day cards, people are probably not going to submit them if you have to pay 10, 9 or 8 dollars each, but with the 4.50 per card special like in March, it would be worth submitting these types of cards.
    Thanks for your help everyone.
  • Options
    JohnnyDJohnnyD Posts: 520 ✭✭
    A $5 special sounds great but can we drop the minimum number of cards from 50 to 25 or so? A 50 card order after shipping, etc...adds up to a bit much for my retired mans budget....
  • Options
    leadoff4leadoff4 Posts: 2,392
    Need to have a 1900-1949 special for $5/50 card minimum and a 1950-present special @ $5 card/50 minimum.
  • Options

<< <i>Need to have a 1900-1949 special for $5/50 card minimum and a 1950-present special @ $5 card/50 minimum. >>

All this does is squeeze out the small time collector from a good special because of the 50 card minimum. Even if I could afford to compile 50 cards with a $5 fee and shipping, I would struggle to come up with 50 cards worthy of being graded at one time. I do like the "$5" aspect of it though...
  • Options

<< <i> I would struggle to come up with 50 cards worthy of being graded at one time. >>

There are plenty of people on this board (myself included) that would gladly let you piggyback a submission.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i> I would struggle to come up with 50 cards worthy of being graded at one time. >>

There are plenty of people on this board (myself included) that would gladly let you piggyback a submission. >>

Including Me.

Thanks Bill

Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    ...I even have some tall boys (Mutoscopes) that I will be submitting if someone has some tall boys that they want to sub. SGC murdered some of the ones I subbed to them, so I want to get a 2nd opinion.....
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

There are plenty of people on this board (myself included) that would gladly let you piggyback a submission. >>

Including Me.

Thanks Bill

Neil >>

Wow, that is a very nice offer, and you are right, the people I have met on this board like you two would gladly do that. Thank you for the offer guys, not sure if I need to take you up on it but I appreciate it.
  • Options
    How do you piggy back? People would have to ship the cards to that one person, and that one person sends it to psa. Then that one person gets all the cards and ships it to each person?

Thanks for your help everyone.
  • Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    March specials will be continued through April.
  • Options
    We will be extending the current card specials through the end of April. All of the current rules and restrictions will be same for April.

Carol
  • Options
    Afternoon,

Great, another month of no Cards sub'd.

Neil
  • Options
    burke23burke23 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How do you piggy back? People would have to ship the cards to that one person, and that one person sends it to psa. Then that one person gets all the cards and ships it to each person? >>

That's what I've done in the past a few times for others.
    Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.
  • Options
    BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    Through April? YIPEE as I couldn't get my sub quite together.

Carol, you're are the greatest!

Did I mention YIPEE!!!????
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, thank you. I too needed more time to pull my sub together.
  • Options
    I like the dollar amount, but too many cards to scrape together....wish it was a lower minimum! image
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    Just got back from rushing to the Post Office. LOL....
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    YES!!!! I have a large submission that I had all ready to ship by 3/31, but then the rear differential blew out in my truck, and I gotta dump my fun money into that. Now I can wait a couple weeks! Thanks! image
  • Options

<< <i>YES!!!! I have a large submission that I had all ready to ship by 3/31, but then the rear differential blew out in my truck, and I gotta dump my fun money into that. Now I can wait a couple weeks! Thanks! image >>

Wow, tough break on that differential. BTW, I hustled today cuz I forgot March had 31 days.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
  • Options
    How about the little guy,once again PSA is catering to the big sellers and not the collectors of the hobby. I think a $5 - 20 would work for most of the collectors of the hobby who do not make a living selling hunders of cards on ebay every week.
  • Options

<< <i>How about the little guy,once again PSA is catering to the big sellers and not the collectors of the hobby. I think a $5 - 20 would work for most of the collectors of the hobby who do not make a living selling hunders of cards on ebay every week. >>

Find someone on here who will let you add your cards to their submission - we're easy to find. Just post a thread asking to piggyback on a submssion, and you'll get 3-4 offers the same day. It does cost you the extra money to ship to and from this 3rd party, but that's only $15 or so in most cases.

EDIT: I'm no trying to argue, but I'm always curious about this "Small fry" complaint. I'm only a hobbyist, but I manage to find 50 cards every few months. Besides, if you only have a handful or cards to submit, is it worth the price to join CC anyway?
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

• Options
    No, the big sellers get even better price breaks.
    There have been many recent specials you could have taken advantage of with no minimum quantity, in the $5-6 per card range.
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How about the little guy,once again PSA is catering to the big sellers and not the collectors of the hobby. I think a $5 - 20 would work for most of the collectors of the hobby who do not make a living selling hunders of cards on ebay every week. >>

People who sell hundreds of graded cards per week do not take advantage of the current specials. I am sure they get a better deal than $5

Patrick
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

<< <i>No, the big sellers get even better price breaks.
    There have been many recent specials you could have taken advantage of with no minimum quantity, in the $5-6 per card range. >>

yes yes exactly
  • Options
    I kind of wish the ticket special would change from Super Bowl to World Series or all tickets. I have 0 Super Bowl tickets and about 10 World Series tickets to get graded.
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    i wish it was any ticket.. i have several tickets that i want to get slabbed.. just because i like the way they look in the psa holder.. but most of them are worthless.. and not worth 20 bucks a ticket..
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here