Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Do my eyes deceive me...

or is this a poorly trimmed or miscut card? With modern I can't imagine it is miscut. Lots of space as you go up on the left (even taking the card angle into account). The ebay name alone reaks of trouble.
Linky
Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.

Comments

• Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    It looks like it's tilted. I'm purchased raw stuff from that guy and got it graded without issue
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BGS sub gone wrong
  • Options
    burke23burke23 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It looks like it's tilted. I'm purchased raw stuff from that guy and got it graded without issue >>

It is tilted - but that left side looks way more tilted than the right to me.

Edited to state - it's actually tilted the same way on both sides...so that's not right.
    Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Do a search for "cardboardpimping" on these forums. Someone linked this ebay ID to Kevin Burge. The ID Cardboardpimping was also called out by Tuff Stuff Magazine as being a scammer.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    fkwfkw Posts: 1,766 ✭✭
    IMO If anything its a factory miscut, why would someone trim that card, and that bad but still get it straight?

100% feedback with several thousand transactions.

Picture may be a digital camera that distorts a bit. (Always use a scanner, and take it out of the toploader (penny sleeve Ok)

Id still ask questions to be safe. Ask if card is square??? He may have left some info out.
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070

<< <i>Do a search for "cardboardpimping" on these forums. Someone linked this ebay ID to Kevin Burge. The ID Cardboardpimping was also called out by Tuff Stuff Magazine as being a scammer. >>

Then I guess I got lucky on the couple things I bought from him!!!!!
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    Yes, the ID was mentioned in that article.
    Bad hack job being dumped off, or super miscut.
    I know nothing about modern baseball.
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    linked to Burge means theres a reason its not graded....