Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Pre-2005 First Strike Silver Eagles in the Registry. Why NOT?

<< <i> Indeed, a number of those previously multi-thousand coins are now worth less than $100 (and some less than $50!) >>

YES, I know. I have EVERY YEAR at MS69. Also, since I was the ONLY person to complete the FS Eagles set, the only person majorly impacted was me.

Comments

• wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And, of course, many FS years had -0- MS69's back then. So, it would be near impossible to calculate exactly how much money you actually saved when all the new dates that received 69's were subsequently priced presumably much lower than they might have been (had they been required coins). Food for thought.

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • GrivGriv Posts: 2,804
    Not to beat a dead horse, but I was told back in 2005, that the pre-2005 FS Silver Eagles WOULD be included at some point, and then the decision changed to not at all.

I don't understand why an ADDITIONAL set can't be made to include these. Especially after all the old Eagles have been flushed out.
  • wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally think they will be included in the set at some point in the not too distant future. I have no first hand information to support my believe. That is just my opinion.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭
    I think they should be included as required.

It is after all, a First Strike™ registry set!

And if you think for a second that it has something to do with price, think again. Those early years in First Strike™ are very expensive.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • I think that PCGS should let me look up the cert number and if they received in originally (in 1998, for example) in January, they should
    let me send it back in and get a FS label on it.

• 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think that PCGS should let me look up the cert number and if they received in originally (in 1998, for example) in January, they should
    let me send it back in and get a FS label on it. >>

I kinda like that idea since the coin is actually certified to have been received within the first 30 days of issuance.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • GrivGriv Posts: 2,804
    I have NO problem with that.
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I have no interest in Bullion coins first strike or not, I know what it is like to want something included in the registry when it would be so simple to do.

Keep after them......like wondercoin said maybe it will happen down the road. PCGS is pretty good about building sets for us.

Good luck!