Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

FS: 1971 Topps Baseball Complete Raw Set***SOLD***

***This set has been sold. If the deal falls through, it will be back!***

This basic set includes cards 1-752. Using strict ymarea standards, I grade the set as follows: 30% Nm-mt (with a few Nm-mt+); 5% Nm+; 63% Nm; 2% Ex-mt (a few Ex-mt+). There are between 13 and 15 cards that I consider to be in the Ex-mt range. The most notable of these is #709 Baker/Baylor/Paciorek RC.

The set is very consistent, with sharp corners and minimal border chipping throughout. All have clean backs except for #745 S. Alomar, which has a light wax stain. I've included a scan of the front and back of this card.

In addition to the 752 raw cards, I will also include the following PSA-graded cards: #14 Concepcion (7), #49 Money (8), #147 Priddy (8), #259 D. Marshall (8), #400 Aaron (7), and #543 Yankees Team (8). I added #259 Marshall because the raw card has a small surface wrinkle. The rest are free of wrinkles and creases. Centering is very good overall.

I am asking $3500 delivered. I will include top loaders for all the raw cards so they may be well protected and handsomely displayed.

Below are scans of the bigger stars, a few high numbers, and a couple of tough cards. If you want to see a scan of any card, please PM me with your email address. I prefer to email the scans to eliminate the need for photobucket (saves time).

Brett

Comments

• Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    Brett - I wish I had the funds to buy this one. Great looking set. Good luck with the sale.
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options
    MphilkingMphilking Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭
    When my family visited San Diego we stopped by to see Brett and his family. I saw this set first hand and it is GORGEOUS! I mean jaw dropping.
    You will not be disappointed with this set.
  • Options
    ymareaymarea Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭
    Thanks, Don and Michael. I've been agonizing about selling for a while now, but I've decided to sell off most of my collection. I'm not hurtin' for money and am not tired of cards. As I get older, my middle-aged eyes (even with glasses) can't see the cards clearly any more without a magnifying glass. Reading the backs was always my favorite part of card collecting. Now they are just a big blur. I figured it was time to let others enjoy the cards.
    Brett
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your set is a joy to behold Brett. Am sure it will find a buyer. image
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Absolutely beautiful cards Brett. I know you really worked hard on finding top quality for this set. Good luck. Doug
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Gotta clean that scanner. It makes the upper-right card in each pic look like it has a big crease in the upper-left corner.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    i sold my 71 set 2 years for $2k and it was NO where as nice as yours...

what friggin steal....

j
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    ymareaymarea Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Gotta clean that scanner. It makes the upper-right card in each pic look like it has a big crease in the upper-left corner. >>

Rich, you are right. I caught that after I posted the set here and on eBay. I included a disclaimer in the eBay listing explaining that the blemish was on the scanner. I have also cleaned the mess off the scanner, so it will no longer be a problem.

The set sold, too! I miss it already. image
    Brett
  • Options
    MphilkingMphilking Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭
    Whoever bought that set is going to be amazed at the condition, I'm telling you the scans do not do it justice.
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    That set is very tough because of those borders and centering. Just looking at those scans they are in great condition.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Garvey is special.
    Mike
    Bosox1976