Home Sports Talk
Options

Dan Snyder wants Sam Bradford in a Redskins uniform

Look for him to do everything he can to swing a deal with the Rams for the right to draft Sam Bradford but if
the Rams are smart they will turn Snyder down.

Comments

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would make for an interesting draft deal. Not sure why the skins don't like their QB now - he'd be a top 20 guy if the carousel stopped for a couple years there. Bradford is probably not a whole lot better than that.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree about Campbell (and Bradford's place relative to him), but he's new and shiny and Dan Snyder has the attention span of a gnat that just ate an ounce of brown sugar.

We've heard a lot about how he's stepping back and letting Shanahan do the nuts and bolts work. I'll believe that when I see it.
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    Campbell is terrible. They can't run a hurry-up offense, because he doesn't have a complete grasp of the system. I wouldn't give up the farm to get Bradford either, though.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Campbell is terrible. They can't run a hurry-up offense, because he doesn't have a complete grasp of the system. I wouldn't give up the farm to get Bradford either, though. >>

He was:

15/32 in QB Rating

15/32 in Yds per attempt

and 10/32 in completion percentage....... despite being in a new offense basically every year since drafted. Not sure how he could grasp a system. Not saying he's great, but he's certainly viable. He beat Jay Cutler in all 3 stats too FWIW.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    Campbell is good enough to be the starting QB on a bad NFL team, however he's never going to lead the Skins, or any other team, deep into the playoffs. Whatever "it" is, Campbell doesn't have it. I guess it depends on where the Skins are in the process. If they think they are 2-3 pieces away from being a contender, then go spend the money in free agency and lets see what happens. If you believe that the team's current "core" group will never get them to the Super Bowl (as I do), then its time to rebuild. I don't know if Bradford is the guy, but he's worth taking a chance on.

-Michael
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    I think you're probably right about the core group, Mike. It's why I would prefer to see them use picks to rebuild the decimated O line and build from within, rather than go for a big splash QB.

It's largely academic to me, anyway. These days the NFL is a time passer between Baseball seasons for me.
  • Options
    Campbell is good enough to be the starting QB on a bad NFL team, however he's never going to lead the Skins, or any other team, deep into the playoffs. Whatever "it" is, Campbell doesn't have it.

That sums up the Jason Campbell era perfectly.
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope I am wrong...but I don't think his shoulder will ever be "right". He will spend a lot of time unable to play imo.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Campbell is good enough to be the starting QB on a bad NFL team, however he's never going to lead the Skins, or any other team, deep into the playoffs. Whatever "it" is, Campbell doesn't have it.

That sums up the Jason Campbell era perfectly. >>

This looks like really sloppy thinking. First off, this notion of 'it' is only assigned post-hoc, which makes it a useless predictive tool. There were millions of NFL fans who said Peyton Manning didn't have 'it' until he beat the Bears, and then suddenly the 'It Fairy' descended from heaven and blessed him with a healthy portion of 'it'. When you say 'Jason Campbell doesn't have 'it'', what you're really saying is 'Jason Campbell hasn't become a superlative quarterback in the NFL', which puts him in the same category as about 80% of NFL quarterbacks. Secondly, this kind of assessment completely fails to account for variables that can (and do) adversely effect team performance and, indeed, individual performance that have absolutely nothing to do with a player's ability. Can you isolate the effect that coaching instability has on a quarterback, for instance? Or the extent to which the offensive scheme complements the player's strengths?

• Options
    StatmanStatman Posts: 597 ✭✭✭
    I don't mind keeping Campbell around - we need a lot more than a QB. He isn't that bad and I'd like to see what he could do with another year with the young receivers and a better offensive line. Plus, I would be on the Bradford train a lot quicker if he didn't have the shoulder issue. That just scares me. I'd rather take a chance on one of these other QBs in the 3rd round, like Pike, Lefevour, or McCoy if he's still around. Then is you blow a thrid round pick on a QB, you don't feel as bad if it doesn't pan out.

I'm hoping Bradford is taken by the Rams, so the Skins don't have to worry about it. However, hopefully that means they won't take Claussen either. That could be worse.
  • Options
    I'll defer to the Skins fan on Campbell, as I only get to see him 3-4 times a year. Those games I do see though, he looks atrocious. I can't count how many times the situation called for the Skins to run a hurry-up offense, and he isn't comfortable enough to do it. A 4th year QB should have some sense how to execute that, especially in his second year under a QB friendly coach.

I don't think you want Tony Pike. Of all the "top rated" QBs, I am most sure of him not making it.
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    I've seen Campbell play dozens of times. He ain't bad. He's had a new offense every year. New head coach every other year. How can he be blamed for the team's woes? If I were Shanahan I'd leave Campbell in there and get rid of Clinton Tortoise and a few other bums they've got. Campbell may never be Manning, Brady, or Brees but he could definitely be a solid starter for a playoff team.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    The coaching instability extends back to Auburn, where he had four offensive coordinators. He's going on NFL #4 this year if he stays with the 'Skins.
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    Forget Dan Snyder.....how does DEE Snyder feel about Sam Bradford?