Home Precious Metals
Options

Has anybody heard from MoneyLA

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
I believe that was his calling card. Alan, I think................MJ
Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe he will be be back once Gold holds above $1230 as he felt that was the launch pad for $1300, or, maybe before, if you can coax him back to the fold.......

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    PreTurbPreTurb Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭
    was thinking the same ? today
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, unless gold happens to fall back to the $960-$980 break out area, then he might show up to tell us he's gotten out. Still, I think anyone, including MoneyLA, should have at least 5% of their ready net worth in tangible gold/silver coins/bars regardless of the price of paper gold/silver.....just in case of an unannounced minor or major shtf banking/economic scenario.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    he posted once on US Coin Forum this morning

asking how to get presidential dollars from mint for under face
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope he's ok, has anyone checked his website to see if he's been active?

(Added: note to self - scroll up, read above post.)
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    I think anyone, including MoneyLA, should have at least 5% of their ready net worth in tangible gold/silver coins/bars regardless of the price of paper gold/silver.....just in case of an unannounced minor or major shtf banking/economic scenario.

It's all the announced scenarios that bother me. It's the unintended consequences of having a bogus standard of finance that worries me most. If any large institution can declare any amount of worthless assets to be "good" on their books, how long will it be before the whole system is hollowed-out, and a major implosion happens? It truly is a shell game. It's not really an unannounced situation - everybody sees it and nobody wants to deal with it honestly.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuz people "cant handle the truth".
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    I just landed in LA on on the drive in I heard him doing a commericial pitching termites......................Actually, he was pitching the extermination of them image

MJ
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    doing a commericial pitching termites

Were these particular termites buying gold? Or selling?image

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>doing a commericial pitching termites

Were these particular termites buying gold? Or selling?image >>

Only 5% of the termites were buying gold
  • Options
    MoneyLAMoneyLA Posts: 1,825
    Gosh, has it been this long?

Yep, Im alive and well... and I don't say that lightly.

Those of you who know me know that I had a kidney and pancreas transplant about two and a half years ago. Thank God I am healthy and well.

My TV show and adverising company are doing well and survived the brunt of recession. I've been following and reporting on the gold market every week in my website.

And yes, on the side, I was the spokesman for a termite exterminator for about a year.

I also have infomercials running for other clients.

Enjoy the bull run for gold and silver. I think silver is undervalued based on the historical 17-to-1 GSR but I still think that 5% is sufficient for anyone's portfolio.

I am deeply concerned about the doom-and-gloomers who will use any drop in the dollar, any rise in the price of oil, and any rise in the price of gold, silver, platinum to convince people to put a bigger percentage of their assets into the metals when they still have personal budget problems, credit card bills, and a lack of job security.

Right now I have some silver that I would sell if I think the market has reached a top... but I don't see a top. I only see prices going higher.

I thought 1300-1400 was the top for gold but now 1500 gold is knocking. You don't fight the trend.

Cheers.
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Welcome back LA Money!image It took us a while to bust $1,300 gold. Glad to hear you health improving. Peace, Tim
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    Welcome back Alan! I gotta say that you are consistant, even tho' you're still stuck at 5%.image

I am deeply concerned about the doom-and-gloomers who will use any drop in the dollar, any rise in the price of oil, and any rise in the price of gold, silver, platinum to convince people to put a bigger percentage of their assets into the metals when they still have personal budget problems, credit card bills, and a lack of job security.

Whether anyone here disagrees with you or not, I don't know of many here who would recommend going into debt in order to buy anything (including metals) when they have personal budget problems or lack of job security. We just had one relatively new fellow here who took a hefty margin position in silver, but nobody here urged him to do it. In fact, we've suggested that he take some profits and lighten up.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back MoneyLA. I am glad you are well and look forward to your posts.
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    i am happy you are back, i have been jesting you at times during your abscence.

glad you are healthy and well.

• Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is good to hav comrade LA bak, no?
  • Options
    pakasmompakasmom Posts: 1,920
    Anybody check out his commercial for Swann Communications? I think I need one of those "spy pens!" image
  • Options
    good to hear from you Alan...............MJ
  • Options
    Swann communications has great, low cost security equipment, cameras, recorders, and yes "spy pens."

link

perfect stuff for your shops, guys. and to keep an eye on your stash via your smart phones.
  • Options

<< <i>Yep, Im alive and well... and I don't say that lightly. >>

None of us should.

Good to hear you're back Alan. For some reason I always thought it was LAMoney. image
  • Options
    LaMoney reminds me of when I got called for the draft and the officers at White Hall Street yelled, "Mendelson, Alan." Which is a lot like "La, Money."
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    imageI just realized I been calling you La Money all this time, Money La.
    Avid collector of GSA's.