Home Precious Metals

OT about internet security

spokeo.com is a website where you put your name in and all sorts of data comes up. Income, house value and location, phone number, number and ages of household, and whether you collect COINS. At the end of the profile is a "privacy" tab that you can click to remove your listing. I removed mine, I suggest you view yours and follow suit.
Two quick stories:
1. A friend of mine profiled her current boyfriend and found out he was married. Guess he forgot to tell her.
2. While profiling my son, I found that he lives with his mother, my ex-wife(he doesn't). Also listed in that household and living there for the last 15 years was my mother, listed as 'Head of Household'. It must be a miracle, because she died 16 years ago, just before my divorce was finalized.

Heads up to all my coin friends
Successful transactions with: DCarr, Meltdown, Notwilight, Loki, MMR, Musky1011, cohodk, claychaser, cheezhed, guitarwes, Hayden, USMoneyLover

Proud recipient of two "You Suck" awards

Comments

• RobbRobb Posts: 2,034
    Odd gathering of sources. They had so many likes/interests listed for me that are so broad and generic that it's about like going to a psychic reading... "First we must establish a psychic connection. Please think of a number between nine and eleven. Is it 10? Good, we have a connection. Looking at the cards laid in front of us, I sense that you enjoy entertainment."

The Google Map is way off which is odd since my address listed is correct.

Maybe 1/3 of the information that directly pertains to me is accurate. Some of it is old information and some is just flat out wrong.

All of the graphs and crap at the bottom is just information that you can find on other sites. It's all generated by the person's zip code.

I clicked the privacy tab and followed the directions anyway- didn't work, the page just kept reloading when I clicked submit.

imageRIP
  • gdavis70gdavis70 Posts: 256 ✭✭✭
    Interesting site... some of their data is bizzarre though. They claim the median home value in my zip code is 185k. I think that is about 40% of the real number.

Also, they estimate my home value at 1m+ I fervently wish that were the case. image

They show the front of my house which is available from Google maps but they show the wrong address for it. (off 452 vs 431)

• bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭
    Sweet!! I don't exist according to that sight!! image
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that was interesting. Apparently I am a clerical/secretarial worker with a graduate degree, but no children. I will alert my husband, at least I still have him.

It had my old address, and I too wish it was worth more than a million. I'd sell it. Quickly.

The interest things were to vague to be useful or harmful at least. You have to pay a fee to look at things like income. I didn't want to do that--then they'd know where I live now image. If I remember I will go back and delete the profile I suppose. I don't mind it too much if it's as (in)accurate as it is.

But it was fun to look it up, thanks for the link.

Cathy

(ps I'd be glad if my house was worth as much as Zillow says!)

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    About the only things correct on there for me were name/address.
  • Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,310 ✭✭✭

<< <i>About the only things correct on there for me were name/address. >>

+1
  • notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    I assume your friend dumped this guy and moved on. BTW, it shows me as still married and I've been divorced 4 years.

I removed mine too. there was quite a bit of inaccurate info.

ps mine said nothing about coins but my address and a photo of them house from google earth.

--Jerry
  • Info completely wrong on me and all family and friends.........bogus site
    UCSB Electrical Engineering....... USCG and NASA
  • fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭
    It says Grandpa plays sports (basketball and baseball) and drives a truck, while living in a million dollar home with pool. In his spare time, he reads romance novels.

When this site, or technolgy, gets correct it will be frightening.
  • I was happy to find that I am not in their data base.image