Home Precious Metals
Options

What would be a fair trade of 90% for gold?

bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
I recently got a SDB and I've come to discover I have a decent amount of 90%. What would be a fair trade for lets say a 1/4oz of gold, be it AGE or just a regular bar? $25? $27? I know it will vary depending on the spots at the time. I'm just asking as I don't want to go in with a figure in mind and waste my time and the dealers time.
Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times

Comments

• Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    I go by current gold silver ratio oz for oz. Kitco has it at 65.6 to 1

For a 1/4oz gold 16.4oz of silver so approx $22.70 FV 90%
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    MetalsmanMetalsman Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I go by current gold silver ratio oz for oz. Kitco has it at 65.6 to 1

For a 1/4oz gold 16.4oz of silver so approx $22.70 FV 90% >>

Not sure anyone would trade a 1/4 AGE for 16.4 oz silver or 22.70 of 90%.. but if they did I know what side of the trade I'd want image...

Heck I might even go 17 oz or $23....image
  • Options

<< <i>I recently got a SDB and I've come to discover I have a decent amount of 90%. >>

May I beg to ask please, what does this mean? I know what 90% is of course but what is a SDB?
    -------------------------

<< <i>...... What would be a fair trade for lets say a 1/4oz of gold, be it AGE or just a regular bar? $25? $27? I know it will vary depending on the spots at the time. >>

I think an AGE would enjoy a certain amount of recognition placing it preferentially ahead of any bars.

---------
    I'll swap a 1988 Olympic $5 Gold coin ( 0.2419 oz. Au) for $ xxx 90%. Each delivered. PM me if interested and let's lock a rate.
    Many, many perfect transactions with other members. Ask please.
  • Options
    RobbRobb Posts: 2,034
    Safe Deposit Box
    imageRIP
  • Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I was just too lazy to type that. image I never thought about going the actual silver content way. I was thinking more along the lines of X face. If I figure in a 12x face, $25 should be around $300. Seems do able on paper but IDK about real life.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    $300 would be more realistic for a 1/4oz AGE my example was a even oz for oz trade.

I think a trade should be fair to both party's~JMO
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies. SDB, good one. We live in a world of acronyms.(WLWA).
    ----
    Anyhow, yes your example is workable in reality as well as in theory. That ratio or basis for trading is pretty fluid though as the 16 to 1 days are long gone. Other traders on this site and myself have 'locked' onto a price (multiple of face) for any given transaction. It works well as it's quite definate.
    ---
    Also one's 'junk silver' needs to be better than junk. Slicks, holed and/or bent are not the wanted thing. Seems ironic but there you are.
    Many, many perfect transactions with other members. Ask please.
  • Options
    With silver having a much more explosive upswing in the future, than gold could ever dream of,
    the man holding the silver will come out on top on this trade.

Lewis

• Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭
    I had to get out my LOA (List of Acronyms).
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.