Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Old 20'th type set - I made it!

I made it to the front page before the new sets hit! I am in 4'th and am only .02 away from MTH in 3'rd. However weighting should help me to pass MTH. image

I didn't realize I bought a pop 1 coin. I bought a 1907 Barbar half in 65 Cam. I guess everybody expects many more of them to get the Cam designation. I paid about %15 more than a brilliant one that sold at the same time and same place.

Comments

• Options
    I got my stuff in yesterday and added it last night, complete with pics. 1908 NM Saint in 65, 1924 Saint in 65, and a 1925-D Quarter Eagle in 62. Unfortunately, they don't move me anywhere until weighting goes into place.

Keith
    Keith ™

• Options
    boiler78boiler78 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carl-
    I just looked at your 1907 gold eagle and I agree it is a gem! Have you sent it in for regrade yet? I would try it a couple of times. I am sure you are aware that it is a $6,000+ jump from 64 to 65!

Nice coin!
    Mark
  • Options
    Thanks Mark. Both the eagle and half eagle were nice PQ pieces. I tried them both and the half eagle upgraded. That eagle looked perfect then I put it in sunlight and saw some hairlines. Still an excellent look with nice luster. I just might try it again.

Good work Keith! It is funny how good things come in threes.
  • Options
    Nice job Carl. HD and I will have to start looking over our shoulder. I may have to buy some 70DCAMs if you get too close. Hopefully the weighting will bail me out before that happens.

Congrats!
    Bill

My Other Hobby
  • Options
    Carl great job. I only hope I can finish that set this year myself.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    Billywls -- I might be .02 away from 3'rd by I'm a .6 away from you and you are almost a full point away from High Desert. I have 2 PR 70s but won't buy any more unless they come down in price by half. And you are %98 on the complete type set. You can focus on upgrades. I'm still way, way away from that goal. So neither of you need to look behind your shoulders very often image

Cosmic - I like how you set goals for yourself then put them in your sig! I should change my sig to "lose 10 lbs this year" image