Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Lastest Registry set purchases

Well it looks like it is inevitable and we will need the 4 more coins for the 1950 to date modern set. I already have a proof Franklin so I need the Quarter, Dime and Wheat cent. I stopped by David Lawrence and picked these up today:

1956 1c PCGS Proof 67 RD
1964 10c PCGS Proof 68 DCameo ( W. Wasler Pedigree )
1963 25c PCGS Proof 67 DCameo
Bill

09/07/2006

Comments

• Options
    Can't go wrong picking up a Walser piece. I am giving serious consideration to another of his coins in an unnamed denomination right now.

Keith
    Keith ™

• Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    I think I won't have any new holes to fill for proofs... not as good for the MS coins.

For proofs, I have
    1955 PR67RD Cent
    1959 PR67 Nickel
    1963 PR67DCAM Dime
    1959 PR68CAM Quarter
    1956 T2 PR68 Half

On the circulation strikes, I've got
    ____ Cent?? Don't I have a MS wheat cent from 1950s?
    ____ Nickel?? Will my 1994 SMS coin count?
    1956 MS67 Dime
    1958 MS66 Quarter
    1956 MS66FBL Half
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    Brian,

The 94 SMS nickel won't count, but you can find some really nice MS-66FS coins for low prices. I'm in the same boat for my 1900 set. I will have to dig out my 99 Kennedy in 67 and had to buy a 99 Connecticut in 67 because of the date changes in the 1900 set.

Over the last four weeks or so, I used the proceeds from my MS Modern set pieces to upgrade all my gold from AU-58 to MS-62 or better, plus found a few more minor pieces for Complete Type. Hoping to get some Seated coins at the TNA show in May.

Keith
    Keith ™

• Options
    Bill,

Nice going on your three new coins. I have the dime and quarter in proof but need the cent and the Franklin.

In the 1900-1999 set, I have 5 year 2000 PR69DC coins (Jefferson, Roosevelt, State Quarter and two Kennedies. I am hoping to trade back to 1999 on those, hopefully for a small difference (any takers image )

Also, have there been any rumbling of Greg's Basic Type Set suggestion??

Larry
  • Options
    Hey I just thought of something. Are they gong to keep the 3 Silver proofs in the 1900 to 1999 set? If not then I won't have to worry about my 2000 SIlver proof Dime.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Dang... I never thought of modern silver proofs (like 1990s) as the same coin as quasi modern silver proofs (1950-64). So I could upgrade from a PR68CAM 1964 Kennedy to a 1999 PR69DCAM. SOmehow, I like the 64 better.

Just realized I won't need to use that 59 proof nickel... I have the 79 T2 already, and it should due.

I will need to get replacements for many of my 2001 coins... there go all those MS67/68 coins!
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    I don't know Brian those early proofs did not work before the slot said from 1992 to present. My coins came in from David LAwrence today. The Walser dime is really nice. The quarter has some great rim toning on the reverse and the Lincoln althow no cam whatsoever is a great coin. I can't wait to add them when they finish the type sets.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    Here's a picture of the quarter:

Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    I put a list of purchases in the BALTIMORE SHOW thread.

P.S. All my coins are Walser pedigreeimage
    Bill

My Other Hobby
  • Options
    Bill I thought it would have your name on the slab but it did not. Did you ever pedigree and of your sets?
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    Bill--

Only the Standing liberty quarters.
    Bill

My Other Hobby