Options
What will happen to PCGS graded MS60/61 coins?
If Plus grading applies to grades XF45 to MS68 except MS60/MS61, what would happen to these coins now? And why are they not included in this service?
Appreciate if you can enlighten me.
Cheers!
0
Comments
According to DH, the grades of MS60 and MS61
are themselves so low that it wouldn't make
sense to put a plus on them.
I don't see anything happening to the 60 and
61 grades. They will still be the same as they
are now.
~
"America suffers today from too much pluribus and not enough unum.".....Arthur Schlesinger Jr.
Don't worry about it. I'm sure they will come out with another gimmick or maybe even a "smiley face" for the 60 and 61. Hey, it might bring in more money....lol
<< <i>Don't worry about it. I'm sure they will come out with another gimmick or maybe even a "smiley face" for the 60 and 61. Hey, it might bring in more money....lol >>
Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
"Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
"Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire
<< <i>Don't worry about it. I'm sure they will come out with another gimmick or maybe even a "smiley face" for the 60 and 61. Hey, it might bring in more money....lol >>
The "participant trophy" of the numismatic world...
I believe these coins should be graded with the same system or care as the other grades included in this "new deal."
Best,
Eric
<< <i> I believe these coins should be graded with the same system or care as the other grades included in this "new deal." >>
Perhaps, but at least for now I think the assumption is that the term "PQ MS-60" is an oxymoron.
Hi,
I dunno. I just looked at the MS60 and 61 coin thread. Many of those coins posted so far seem to have wonderful eye appeal and are above average for the grade assigned at the time. There are more 60's and 61's than any other grade on average for most dates and issues, yes? Hm.
Best,
Eric
<< <i> I dunno. I just looked at the MS60 and 61 coin thread. Many of those coins posted so far seem to have wonderful eye appeal and are above average for the grade assigned at the time. There are more 60's and 61's than any other grade on average for most dates and issues, yes? Hm. >>
Oh, I know there are some nice coins out there graded 60 and 61. I'm just saying the market perception is that these grades are, well, the dog pound.
<< <i>But then again, I have seen NGC give the star to MS61, so you can still have a nice coin at this grade. >>
For the umpteenth time, the NGC star is for EYE APPEAL and has NOTHING to do with the technical grade.
We will now have *8* AU grades:
AU50
AU50+
AU53
AU53+
AU55
AU55+
AU58
AU58+
With this many grades, why not just have a continuous grading scale from AU50 to AU59?