Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

$ 2000 worth of halves... Here's what I found.

I had another thread going about going through $2000 worth of Kennedy Halves. Here's what we found:

1952-S Franklin
1964
1967 (2)
1968-D (2)
1969-d
1974-S
1988-S

Worth?

And there's another $ 2000 on order... image

Comments

  • Options
    Not alot, but still fun, especially when you find a Franklin.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long did it take you to go through the boxes?
    Figure that out and we can figure out the worth of the coins and then your hourly rate.

    I think I may want to hire you to do some yard work for me at that rate image

    I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 14,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you made about ninteen dollars or so.
  • Options
    LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭
    It is fun. I got lucky a few weeks ago and bagged a 1964 and 2-40% out of 12 rolls. So curious, what do you do with the searched rolls? I feel like a putz taking rolls back to the same bank so I take 'em else where.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 40,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
    generally, the proofs I find are circulated. I save them for the neatness factor.


    The silver is worth at least the silver value....


    but the searching is the fun... and you never know, you might run across a variety.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went through $1000 last week, found 2 1967 and a coin that looks like a 1984 proof that someone stamped 1980 on twice. I also found a couple 1971 DDR's
  • Options
    Doesn't really take that long, maybe :20 a box. It's really just to spend some time with my son. Instead of playing a game of UNO, we'd open a box. The $ he made here is more than he earned in interest all last year, he's excited. We're going to start an unc set too for fun. Out of all of those coins here was the best (and only) MS coin:
    image
    image
  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

    ...you're having fun and sharing with the family. that's what it's all about. image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got these two rolls from my local bank last year.

    image



    image
  • Options
    Very nice peaceman, sound like you had a good time with your son and finding silver is a plus.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file