Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

[SOLD]: 1901 Canada 5c, ex-ICCS EF40

SOLD, to the man in the yellow zoot suit with the iguana on his shoulder!

This coin comes from my daughter's Victorian type set.

It's all original, and has OK eye appeal in hand, but admittedly, the reverse toning pattern isn't fantastic. It might be a dip candidate, actually. I have left it alone, though, and the next owner can make that decision. It comes with the original ICCS insert, though it has been cut out of the ICCS plastic and is in a regular, unsealed flip.

This coin would probably be AU or at least XF45 by more lenient American standards, I reckon. The 2009 Krause prices are $35.00 in XF and $150.00 in MS60.

I recently "upgraded" it, and purchased the coin below. Actually, the coin I bought was technically a bit of a downgrade, but I liked the toning on it. The new coin might not be as original and is a teeny-tiny bit lower grade and has some tics on the reverse rim, BUT, I liked the apparent eye appeal on it, so I'm going with that one until I have the money to step up to a slabbed MS example.

I just paid 27 bucks for the new coin. I have no recollection of what I paid for the first coin, though it was probably a little more than that.

Still, if anybody wants the first coin for 25 bucks (that's ten bucks below Krause), it's for sale... or trade.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.