Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

1980 Topps Bird Erving Magic PSA 9 High End 1986 Fleer Sticker Magic PSA 9 Ebay

Hello to all! Please check out my 2 last cards for sale! Thanks for looking!
BIRD MAGIC ROOKIE MAGIC STICKER

And as usual, no reserve, and no stupid overpriced buy it now. I dislike both. Market value is what you the bidder make it! image

Comments

• Options
    cards651cards651 Posts: 665 ✭✭
    I clicked on your link because I am looking for this card at some point. I saw your pitch about 'no reserve..no overpriced buy it now etc.' and it caught my eye. Unfortunately, there is someone with a Feedback of '12' bidding up the card in $5 increments. When I see this sort of bidding, I simply decline to bid. Perhaps its someone new to eBay but perhaps its not. There is no way to tell. I just see this type of bidding too often. If you really want to attract serious bidders, you should consider blocking bidders like this. I see this all the time on high-value cards that start out with low opening bids.
  • Options
    Hello. I see it all the time on my auctions. I still won't use reserves or buy it nows. I can't help it if someone with 12 feedback is feeling out the high max bid. And I don't block bidders unless they don't pay, then I put them on the blocked list. I've learned that bidders with low feedback checking out a high dollar auction stop way before it reaches sale price anyway. And thanks for wording your comment carefully, I am a good seller, and I strongly believe in listing all my items at 9.99 with no reserve, and no over priced buy it now. Check out my my completed auctions, you'll see lots of bids, thats why I do it the way I do. Everyone has a chance and it is fair game for all. image
  • Options
    Hello there. I've purchased from Chargers Niners a few times and I always got a bargain and a high end 9 or 10.
    Excellent service as well.
    I wish he had more perfect PSA 10 1986 Fleer cards for me.
    Cardboard Zombie
    Always buying perfect 1986 Fleer Basketball PSA 10 cards and 1982 OPC Nolan Ryan cards. Thank you.
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭
    That 12 FB bidder looks good to me, bids on many seller's items, with multiple bids on many of them:

30-Day Summary
    Total bids: 236
    Items bid on: 48
    Bid activity (%) with this seller: 18%
    Bid retractions: 0
    Bid retractions (6 months): 0

Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Basketball 9 Seller 1 7h
    Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Basketball 1 Seller 2 4d 8h
    Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Basketball 1 Seller 3 4d 8h
    Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Basketball 4 Seller 4 1d 9h
    Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Basketball 43 Seller 5 7d 23h
    Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Basketball 4 Seller 6 20h
    Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Basketball 9 Seller 7 14h
    Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Hockey 6 Seller 8 4h
    Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Basketball 3 Seller 9 10h
    Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Basketball 5 Seller 10 8h
    Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Basketball 10 Seller 11 1h
    Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Basketball 5 Seller 12 12h
    Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Basketball 7 Seller 13 22h
    Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Basketball 4 Seller 11 <1h
    Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Basketball 4 Seller 14 1d 18h
    Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Basketball 2 Seller 15 4d 2h
    Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Basketball 3 Seller 16 4d 3h
    Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Basketball 2 Seller 17 4d 1h
    Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Basketball 3 Seller 18 2d 2h
    Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Basketball 4 Seller 19 3d 15h
    Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Basketball 4 Seller 20 21h
    Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Basketball 1 Seller 21 4d 23h
    Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Basketball 4 Seller 22 17h
    Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Basketball 4 Seller 23 3h
    Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Basketball 3 Seller 24 2h
    Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Basketball 3 Seller 25 8h
    Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Basketball 1 Seller 26 3d 4h
    Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Basketball 6 Seller 27 3d 22h
    Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Basketball 2 Seller 21 23h
    Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Basketball 5 Seller 28 2d 11h
  • Options
    As I said, there is no way to tell if the bidding is valid. I just don't bid when I see this.

Check out the bidding on two active eBay auctions from prewarcardcollector, one of the more well regarded eBay sellers:

Auction 1 Example

Auction 2 Example

Notice that there are a few bidders with low feedback, but they seem to bid as you might expect a new eBay person to bid. They throw in a bid hoping they might catch a bargain. You do not see the $5 increments that you see elsewhere. How come there's no 'feeling out the high max bid' on these auctions? How does a new eBay bidder always seem to know how to 'feel out the high max bid'? How come it's always a low feedback bidder 'feeling out the high max bid'?
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure why you wouldn't bid. Perhaps you should just bid what you'd feel comfortable paying (seems logical, no?) and if you win , great, if not - wait for the next one. If you never bid more than you want to pay, you'll never feel cheated.
  • Options
    Mike - That essentially explains the Buy It Now approach. Sellers put up items at their asking price and then you buy it if you feel it's a reasonable price. I don't have any problem with that approach at all. I purchase many Buy It Now items. However, auctions are different from Buy It Now. In general, I put in a solid bid on the items I want and if I win great, if not, I move on. Sometimes, I have won modern (early70's) PSA 10's for $230 and other times I have won similar pop PSA 10's for $30. (I know. Don't waste money on PSA 10's.) I understand that if another person also wants the card, I may have to pony up. However, if there is no other bidder, I end up with a very nice deal. That's an auction. In the long run, I assume this approach probably averages out to the VCP. However, it certainly will not average out if there is any type of shill bidding. My original comment was intended to indicate that the seller is losing bidders when the incremental bidding shows up. Anyway, a little long-winded, touching on many issues but hope it makes some sense. - Kevin
  • Options
    The guy has bid on 48 items with 28 DIFFERENT sellers. Doesn't look like a shill in any shape or form. No way to block bidders like this anyway unless you want to cancel their bids after the fact. That would look even worse IMO. Looks like you shilled the high bid and will just come back and snipe it to the max. point.
  • Options
    gameusedhoop - I don't completely follow your comments. Are you saying that I am the shill bidder to find the high bid? And then I will use snipe to get the card at the last second? Did I misread your comments? - Kevin
  • Options
    Perhaps by chance, prewarcardcollector just listed a Bird Erving Magic PSA 9 card. Maybe the eBay bidder with a Feedback of 12 and about 50 incremental bids on the prior card will find this card as well.image

Bird Erving Magic PSA 9 from prewarcardcollector
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    Cards651:

What you're doing here is bull*hit.
    The OP has a legitimate auction and is advertising it in the proper forum.
    You take it upon yourself to cast an uneducated (and erroneous) doubt on his auction, and highjack his selling thread with your baseless suspicion.
    Then, you post a link to another seller's auction for the same item.

I'd be pi*sed if I were the OP
  • Options
    Wow, thanks for the support everyone! All I wanted to do was make one simple post, didn't realize it would turn into this! Have a good day everyone.
  • Options

<< <i>Are you saying that I am the shill bidder to find the high bid? And then I will use snipe to get the card at the last second? >>

No I am saying if a seller canceled bids by a low FB bidder the auction would revert back to a lower price, but everyone would know the current high bidder's ceiling. It would look like the seller shilled it to find the top bid, and would bid just under that to extract the top $$ from the buyer.

Some of my best customers bought from me first, with zero feedback. This bidders track record in NO WAY suggests any shilling what-so-ever. I agree with Hammered, the accusations here are unfounded and unnecessary. If you had done a little homework you would have seen that yourself.

At least the seller here gets his listings bumped and the added exposure can't hurt either. Hopefully he'll set a new high sale for this card on VCP.

Edited to add: it now has 3 high feedback bidders well over the low feedback guys top bid, his bids were meaningless anyway. He could have put in 100 bids at $1 increments, but you know a card like this is pretty stable in price and usually sells in a pretty tight price range. What is done at 50% of the ending price is inconsequential anyway.
  • Options
    Sorry, guys. I'm not trying to cause problems. I have plenty of things to keep me busy. Regards, Kevin M.
  • Options
    burke23burke23 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Cards651:

You take it upon yourself to cast an uneducated (and erroneous) doubt on his auction, and highjack his selling thread with your baseless suspicion.

I'd be pi*sed if I were the OP >>

{slowclap}
    Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.
  • Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭
    I would be pissed!!!!
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    I did not find anything wrong with the intial post.
  • Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926

<< <i>Cards651:

I'd be pi*sed if I were the OP >>

I agree with everything said here...I see nothing wrong with the OP's auction.

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation