Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins

This is the ***OFFICIAL WEEKLY WTB THREAD*** for anything you are looking for!

I am starting this up for anything that you are looking for to finish your collection(s). Whether it be a certain coin or a country which you need to find, this is the thread! I will make sure to refresh the thread once a week so it does not lose it's steam. I will however ask that if you are no longer looking for a specific item to please pm me to take you out of the new thread. I often come across coins which I may pass up, but that one of the forum members may need or want. If there were a source, such as this one, maybe we could help each other out by fulfilling the order. I will keep this thread available when I am in a shop, and I would definitely want the rest of you to keep your eyes peeled and do the same! I will PM any and all perspective buyers of any coins that may appear from me or other sellers as notice is given. Feel free to offer the coin to anyone on this thread as you come across any desirable coins! Good luck with your searches!

I might also add that if your are generically searching for coins as myself then it is perfectly fine to do so, but if you are looking for a particular coin and grade, I just ask that you be as descriptive as you possibly can. It is not always the case that any one collector can appreciate the value or expectations of another collector. So if you are actually looking for an UNC instead of an AU then you need to let us know!

-Dan

Comments

• ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    I will start it off. I am looking for any high grade hard to find aluminum coins, tokens, or medals. Please contact me with any that you have to offer. Thanks! -Dan
  • ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Austrian Talers. Shooting Talers and Medals.
  • JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    George IV 1825 1/2 d MS63 or better
    William IV 1/2 d MS63 or better
    Vicky Florin with Die Number MS64 or better
  • mudskippiemudskippie Posts: 540 ✭✭
    French Indo-China Piastre, preferred them already certified by NGC or PCGS!
  • mnemtsas2mnemtsas2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭
    Great Britain 1901 Florin PCGS MS63 or 64.
    Successful trades with Syracusian, DeiGratia, LordM, WWW, theboz11, CCC2010, Hyperion, ajaan, wybrit, Dennis88 and many others.
  • wildjagwildjag Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭
    German State of Hannover AU+ coins
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The coins I need for my daughter's 1901 Victorian type set are marked with little "WANTED" placards in the set. Note also that some of the coins I do have are upgrade candidates. If you have anything we need for the set, or even something that will upgrade an existing coin in the set, do please let me know. Eventually I would like to have slabbed MS and proof coins for most if not all of the collection. Right now the set is part raw, part circulated- the best I can get on a budget, obviously. But it is a longterm project I am not afraid to spend money on. (When I've got extra money, which is always the problem, ain't it?)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • South African Coppers from 1923 to 1960, prefer UNC, but am open to any nice coins
    South African Proofs from 1950 to 1964, decimal copper proofs and rands from 1965 to 2000
    Any 20th Century African copper coins (working on a 20th century copper type set for the continent)
    Jersey fractional coppers (have a complete date set but am always open to upgrades)
    Guernesey fractional coppers
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • olmanjonolmanjon Posts: 1,187
    1897 Maundy four pence. PM me with pics. One needed to complete set.
    Olmanjon
    Proud recipiant of the Lord M "you suck award-March-2008"
    http://bit.ly/bxi7py
  • HoledandCreativeHoledandCreative Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Colombia - Bronze 5 Centavos 1946/5 and 1946

Hyderabad - AH1365 2A & 4A

Tibet 16-20 1 1/2 Srang

Yemen AH1365 1/4 Imadi & 1/20 Imadi

The higher the grade, the better. Thanks.
  • Republic Essai 5 Centimes 1898, MAZ 2196

OR

Republic Essai 5 Centimes (1898), VG 4348

I am also looking for the French 2 Francs coins from

1901 to 1920 or so-

Also a

Any date- Preference Given to 1916 or 1921 if they exist. Mexican Caballito One Peso with the Lady riding the horse and holding the torch. Not my set I just like the damn coins

If you have any of the above coins please contact me.
  • Rickc300Rickc300 Posts: 876 ✭✭
    1879-A, KM#7 German one mark in Fine or better. This will complete my date set of one marks. I have many duplicate German and Mexican coins to trade as cash is a little short right now, but maybe some cash could be freed up if the price is right. image

Thanks,
    Rick
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed lamb contesting that vote. Benjamin Franklin - 1779

1836 Capped Liberty
    dime. My oldest US
    detecting find so far.
    I dig almost every
    signal I get for the most
    part. Go figure...
  • tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
    Looking for an unused album (not folder) for Canadian large and small cents. Prefer the older whitman style or Library of Coins
  • bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 Pound Silver British Peidforts

Bob
    Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.
  • pendragon1998pendragon1998 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭
  • SamByrdSamByrd Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭✭
    Great Britain and Australian whitman blue folders good used or new old stock. One or an accumilation or group.
    Email what you have and price asked. Will buy via pay-pal or possible trade for US 90% silver.
  • zeebobzeebob Posts: 2,825
    Proof Australian Pennies or half pennies... Graded PCGS or NGC preferred. See my avatar...
  • ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    High grade, early Israel statehood 1948-1957 certified pieces.
  • Attractive world coins in AU55 or better under 20$ pre 1950 please image

• bump this back to the top for anyone who wants to add to it or see what's here
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'