Home Precious Metals
Options

Wow, Within one day, silver down $1

Dang, I'm glad that I didn't by any!

Comments

• Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    I buy for the long term so I don't care if it goes up and down. Personally, I want it to go down as I get more bang for my buck.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭
    "Dang, I'm glad that I didn't by any!"

Why image
  • Options
    ksammutksammut Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭
    I will be buying a lot more at the end of the week.
    American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.

My Numismatics with Kenny eBay Store Over 6000 listings and growing with more than 39,000 items sold

My Numismatics with Kenny Twitter Page

Instagram - numismatistkenny

My Numismatics with Kenny Blog Page Best viewed on a laptop or monitor.

ANA Life Member & Volunteer District Representative

2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

Doing my best to introduce Young Numismatists and Young Adults into the hobby.

• Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I will be buying a lot more at the end of the week. >>

I will too. That is IF any one is selling. They usually just add premiums.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    I picked up some today! And probably will tomorrow and so on and so on...........
    "If you hit a midget on the head with a stick, he turns into 40 gold coins." - Patty Oswalt
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The high for silver intraday over the last 3 days was $17.12. The low today was $16.53ish. That's not even close to a buck.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The high for silver intraday over the last 3 days was $17.12. The low today was $16.53ish. That's not even close to a buck. >>

I guess he's saying that it went from $17-something to $16-something, so it's down a buck..........

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    mudskippiemudskippie Posts: 540 ✭✭
    Sorry folks, I check daily metal prices using the NGC Spot Metal Prices banner, which was provided by A-Mark Precious Metal Inc., and this morning it indicated that silver was somewhere at $15, as I remember silver was at $16 something the previous day, so it was a big drop IMO. I thought if silver has dropped that much in one day, it may drop lower in the future, hence, I was very glad that I have not invested my tax return in any significant amount.

Well, another lesson learned, I should have checked Kitco!
  • Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    What and where is the best way to buy silver?
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    Buy the dips.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options

<< <i>Buy the dips. >>

This I understand. Buy on paper or physical silver?
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This I understand. Buy on paper or physical silver?

If you've never bought/invested in silver before, the answer really depends on why you are buying it now.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    You gotta start sometime
  • Options

<< <i>This I understand. Buy on paper or physical silver?

If you've never bought/invested in silver before, the answer really depends on why you are buying it now. >>

Then there is this,

http://www.kitco.com/ind/Bevan/mar242010.html
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    I will only buy physical. Been burned to many times by Stock Market!imageimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    I agree with gsa1fan...only buy physical.

IF I were buying right now KITCO's $0.79 over spot any quantity deal isnt bad.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I will only buy physical. Been burned to many times by Stock Market!imageimage >>

Nobody thought you meant S&M by SM.......

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.