Home Sports Talk
Options

Anyone see the kid who has the whole bracket right?

baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
he is perfect through the first 48 games.

that's incredible!!!

somewhere in Ill. i think it is
Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

Comments

• Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    Bee Ess
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭✭
    That's impossible... Unless he had a Deloran time machine or something...
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    it is incredible!!!

if you look at his sheet he has a chance to get the rest. he doesn't have like northern iowa winning it all
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wish my brother was the State lottery director.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    purduepetepurduepete Posts: 790 ✭✭✭
    I like who he picked to win the Championship image

Tom

Collecting: Topps 1952-79, Bowman 1952-55, OPC 1965-71, and Pre-War White Sox cards
  • Options
    This story is complete crap. If he was perfect so far, don't you think he would be winning the entire cbs pool? He is in a bracket challenge where you can go back and change the picks after the fact.
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    pure BS.
  • Options
    He didn't enter into the main CBS bracket challenge pool--he only entered into the secluded "bracket manager" challenge controlled by his brother. That is cause for skepticism.

From the article:

<< <i>Not shockingly, it hasn't taken long for the anonymous skeptics of the internet to start levying accusations against Alex and his brother (a 24-year-old Purdue grad who is in charge of the CBS "bracket manager" game in which Alex entered his bracket). >>

I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    It's not BS it's just luck. Good for him.
  • Options

<< <i>It's not BS it's just luck. Good for him. >>

So explain to us doubters how a perfect bracket isn't in 1st place?

imagey
  • Options
    It is not in first place because he did not enter the main bracket challenge....he only entered the secluded "Bracket Manager" challenge.
  • Options
    On CBS.Sportsline, there were 3 Different NCAA Tourny Pick-Em Games you could play.

1. The main "Bracket Challenge" which most of us entered and those are are the "Standings" you keep referring to. The autistic kid's bracket is not in this game.

2. The "Round by Round Brackets" where each contestant gets to re-pick after each round--winners are by round, not by the whole bracket. The autistic's kid bracket is not here either.

3. The "Bracket Manager" challenge, where individual groups could set up there own challenges amongst themselves--with their own rules and scoring systems. This is where the autistic kid's bracket is--and these are not part of the national "standings" because they are individualized with different rules and scoring systems.
  • Options

<< <i>On CBS.Sportsline, there were 3 Different NCAA Tourny Pick-Em Games you could play.

1. The main "Bracket Challenge" which most of us entered and those are are the "Standings" you keep referring to. The autistic kid's bracket is not in this game.

2. The "Round by Round Brackets" where each contestant gets to re-pick after each round--winners are by round, not by the whole bracket. The autistic's kid bracket is not here either.

3. The "Bracket Manager" challenge, where individual groups could set up there own challenges amongst themselves--with their own rules and scoring systems. This is where the autistic kid's bracket is--and these are not part of the national "standings" because they are individualized with different rules and scoring systems. >>

According to espns version of the story, more than 500,000 people rank ahead of him.

imagey
  • Options
    I am posting from my phone so I can't link, but it is under their college basketball nation blogs by Brennan.

imagey
  • Options
    Brennan's blog was referring to the kid's older brother:

"His 24-year-old brother Andrew, who helped him enter his picks into CBS' bracket manager, also entered the contest -- and ranks behind 500,000 other people."
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    That is awesome that someone can pick all the games so far. I am usually happy if my final 4 teams are still alive at this point.
  • Options

<< <i>Brennan's blog was referring to the kid's older brother:

"His 24-year-old brother Andrew, who helped him enter his picks into CBS' bracket manager, also entered the contest -- and ranks behind 500,000 other people." >>

Ahhh, might have read that sentence a bit quick. Still not taking this at face value though.

imagey
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    I don't think I could fill out the first two rounds perfectly today. So congrats to the kid either way!
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    I'm an excellent driver. ;-)
  • Options
    Four minutes till Wapner;-)
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like his brackets just fell apart...coincidence? image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<< .....Alex and his brother (a 24-year-old Purdue grad who is in charge of the CBS "bracket manager" game in which Alex entered his bracket)..... >>>

nah...that's just a coincidence. LOL