Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Here's an E-Bay winner seller I want to share with you all...

As a buyer and seller on E-Bay, I like to work with my buyers and sellers to make the E-Bay process run smoothly. Well I recently bought a bunch of NU cards from a seller. Total for the order was $37.94, when I got the invoice the seller charged me $17 for shipping. I sent him a message asking if there was an error in the shipping cost. No response, send him another message asking if there was an error and stating that this could effect his DSR rating.

No answer, so I paid the invoice. Yesterday the package arrives and shure as hell, shipping cost him $6. So I gave him POS feedback, 5s on the 1st 3 DSRs and a 1 on the shipping cost. For all 18 items.

He has another lot of NU cards up again, I placed marker bids on them all, well this morning they are all being canceled with the reason I gave him a low DSR rating. So I figured I would call and explain why he got a low DSR (that was a huge mistake), the seller was not at all nice and basicly told me to take a flying leap.

Just wanted to share my great buying story on E-Bay...
It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

Comments

• Options
    jivanjivan Posts: 1,009
    how did that "creative problem solving work for you?"
    always looking for 1969 graded basketball
  • Options
    Morning,
    Thread is useless without the Name so I can put him on my "Never and I mean Never Buy From List!"

And what is a NU card?

Neil

Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭
    Could have been worse. He could have charged the stated $4 shipping charge for each item.
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Sorry here is a link to one of the auctions I won.

1958 Rock n Roll NU Trading card Peggy Lee

I just found the cards very cool!!

• Options

<< <i>Could have been worse. He could have charged the stated $4 shipping charge for each item. >>

If that would have happened, I would have not only NEGed him, I would have given him 1s on all his DSRs...

It was bad enough he made $11 off me on the shipping. Problem is, I would love to have gotten more packs from him, told him that, and that if he was fair on the shipping I would give him all 5s. That when I got the F off, I don't need or want your business.

• Options
    jivanjivan Posts: 1,009
    did you ask for shipping discount before you bid?????????? i would have blocked you also
    always looking for 1969 graded basketball
  • Options

<< <i>did you ask for shipping discount before you bid?????????? i would have blocked you also >>

I did ask if the seller combined shipping.

• Options
    slackerslacker Posts: 231 ✭✭
    that's another reason i offer free shiping on most of my stuff and only charge insurance.
    love and laughter,
    slacler
    goal is to build my 1962 topps mars attacks set psa gpa 8.25.
  • Options
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • Options
    Why is it that some dealers think they should also MAKE money from S&H? What is the price for SHIPPING $1.92. Packaging if new then that is another $1.00 insurance and all. If I ship something I also ask $1.00 for driving to the P.O. that is the handling charge, but all in all it is very basic for it all. Why charge $17.00 for something that weighs at best 2 oz. I can understand insurance and all, but I have shipped books first class for less then $3.00.
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    I don't mind the seller making a buck or two. If I didn't get a quantity discount I would merely pay individually and ask for individual shipping.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    Well I'm sorry for you but looking at the negative feedback of this seller I would never buy anything from him.
  • Options

<< <i>Well I'm sorry for you but looking at the negative feedback of this seller I would never buy anything from him. >>

He is a large volume dealer, I just didn't care for the attitude and the shipping cost. But I did hit him where it counts in the FVF discount. One would think a large volume dealer would do everything in their power to protect those numbers. Seems he just doesn't care!!

• Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    "He is a large volume dealer, I just didn't care for the attitude and the shipping cost. But I did hit him where it counts in the FVF discount. One would think a large volume dealer would do everything in their power to protect those numbers. Seems he just doesn't care!! "

The lowest DSR rating for many sellers, even those who have always shipped every item for free, is the shipping cost.

There are two ways of thinking here. For auction sellers you pretty much have to lose money on shipping and handling trying to chase that 20%. You work hard and feel you've earned and deserve it. But no matter how much you try you're always just one idiot away from losing it. So the other way of thinking is to eliminate the uncertainty of getting the 20% off from Ebay, and getting the equivalent of the 20% from increasing your shipping and handling fees. The seller in MadMarty's case could easily double the 20% he could have gotten off from Ebay, and no crime has been committed.