Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Whoa is me :(

Unbelievable! I sent in two sets of submissions to PCGS about 3 weeks ago. I went to check on the status of both orders today. First order - okay, some good some not as good as I had hoped. Next order...no record. Called PCGS...they don't have it (I shipped them in separate packages since they were different types of submissions). Checked the delivery confirmation on USPS web site...no record for the entire shipment!!!! It says the item was registered at the post office I sent it from, but then gives a cryptic message about no further records for the package....what does that mean?!?!?!! IT MEANS I AM SCREWED!

Aw jeezus! 25 coins in that package...took me 3-4 months to put them together...it is insured, but the monetary value of the coins does not reflect the number of hours I spent to find these coins. I guess there is nothing I can do...but how do I prevent this in the future?...

Whoa is me imageimage
Send Email or PM for free veterinary advice.

Comments

• Options
    MonstavetMonstavet Posts: 1,235 ✭✭
    And I should add that, of course, every one of these coins was a proof70 DCAM! image
    Well, maybe not, but they were a nice group image
    Send Email or PM for free veterinary advice.
  • Options
    Monsta,

Did you send the package Registered? If so, the PO will most likely find it.

Also, for future reference, you can send different submission types in one package. I do it all the time. I just stick all the economy coins in an envelope with the submission form and a different envelope and form for my moderns.

Keith
    Keith ™

• Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Post Office has lost Registered packages that we have sent before (more like a postal employee stole them). Hope they find it though.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keith- It would have just been his luck though, had he just placed both groupings in one package, THAT would be the package that was lost!

peacockcoins