Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

NO POINTS for Early Lincoln CAMs !!!!!!

DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
I just put my 1936-1942 proof Lincoln set up. After I got through adding the coins, I scrolled to the bottom of the page to see what my score would be when the posting goes through.

I have five listed in 66red. I also have a 1942 in 65 CAM listed. I had hoped that the CAM would get 1 point for red and 1 point for CAM, for two addtional points. If that were the case, then each of my coins would grade in at 67.00 for a set average GPA of 67.00 of course! Well after the computation, the preliminary score at the bottom of the page showed 66.88, which obviously means that my 65 CAM is worth the same as an ordinary, plain old 65 RED under this scoring system.

That does not seem right to me. Any other CAM'ers out there experience this problem? Any suggestions on what to do?
Doug

Comments

• Options
    Hi Doug,

I read it that your CAM isn't worth more than a RD. I agree, it's not correct.
    Nor is it proper that any 1936 RD has a weighted value twice that of a 1942 CAM.
    I also don't expect PCGS to make any significant changes to recognize condition rarity in a consistent way across the Lincoln Proofs.
    If it happens, at all, it'll occur after the classic silver collectors have their sets weighted.

David
  • Options
    merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    Doug
    As you well know,I too was interested in that very thing.I was going to wait and see.There will be some fine tuneing I'm sure.It will take time as David said.
    Don
    Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns