Home Precious Metals
Options

Is this shill bidding?

I was trying to win some of this seller's auctions and never got any at fair price, even though I raised my bids.
Then I noticed that the same buyer was bidding on all my items, and he won a bunch! So I did investigate a little.

Check this out!
This buyer won almost all the cheapest auctions. Lucky guy!

What do you think?

Edited to add a second buyer.

Comments

• Options
    I followed the links to the 'Bidding Details' for both buyers. They seem to be saying that these purchasers have done 100% of their not insignificant bidding ( 330 and 426 bids respectively) with this one seller. Is that correct or am I misunderstanding the data?
    If so I would say that the employees of Pan American silver spend a lot of time shilling rather to good effect. The one who made 426 bids on 353 items ( all from the estimable Pan Am mint) only won 8 of those auctions. The 330 bids on 282 of eldoradosilver's other auctions resulted in only 6 wins.
    -----
    Anyhow, the auction is krazy! $132.50 plus $3 S+H for 100 GRAMS of silver?!?! That's over $42 an ounce!
    ---------
    And anybody that sells or even gives away that gold colored tin foil stuff had ought to be avoided upon principle. It's an announcement that they have flexible scruples where money is involved.
    ------
    The bars do superficially appear to be silver. Of course, at $42/oz., they can well afford to buy pure silver to fabricate into their bars. Still, I'd avoid this bunch. There are reputable outfits one can deal with.
    Many, many perfect transactions with other members. Ask please.