Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Top find ever for me going through a common box!! 1990 topps george bush! + help identify other item

Some of you remember , I purchased a huge collection from a former topps employee that included a 1990 topps george bush
Well i was just going through some common boxes trying to throw stuff away and in a stack i was about to throw in the garbage i found this on back of a pile...........

Comments

• DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭
    Score!
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭
    Aw man, that's to bad as that is clearly a counterfeit.

Send it to me and I will dispose of it properly.

J/K

image find.
  • RogermnjRogermnj Posts: 1,809 ✭✭
    also found these 1989 topps cards with gold borders that i have never seen before

any info??

• thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    PM being sent
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • The gold bordered cards aren't photoshopped?

If they are real, please scan the backs as well. I've never seen anything like it and I can't imagine any reason for their existence.
    My Error & Variation Blog

Collecting Robin Ventura and Matt Luke.

<< <i>The gold bordered cards aren't photoshopped?

If they are real, please scan the backs as well. I've never seen anything like it and I can't imagine any reason for their existence. >>

LOL at thinking i would ever have the time or desire to create fake cards.
    This collection came from a former topps employee of which i sold the first batch to bmw cards.

The backs are all blank on the gold bordered topps
  • BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭
    Are the Gold Topps cards on card stock? The scans make them look like stickers to me.

• << <i>

<< <i>The gold bordered cards aren't photoshopped?

If they are real, please scan the backs as well. I've never seen anything like it and I can't imagine any reason for their existence. >>

LOL at thinking i would ever have the time or desire to create fake cards.
    This collection came from a former topps employee of which i sold the first batch to bmw cards.

The backs are all blank on the gold bordered topps >>

I didn't mean anything by it. I've been fooled before by great photoshopping on these boards. They are really unusual, I've actually never seen a copy like it.

Are they cardboard blank or stat/number-less 1989 back design blank? Are they on the normal 1989 card stock?
    My Error & Variation Blog

Collecting Robin Ventura and Matt Luke.
    they are not normal card stock. They feel like stickers but you cant peel them
    next batch
    do they monster laffs card always come in strips? i couldnt find them on ebay

Also, some 1983 mcdonalds hockey stickers, none in pop report, are they rare?

• divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,607 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice find on the George Bush...image

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    That is awesome! Those are some real rarities. Nice work. image
    any value?

1962 yankee schedule and roster.. Worth anything?

1963 rookie book

1989 topps uncut sheet in awful shape and blank backed but front is missing all black.
    pretty cool, stars include ripken and ozzie smith on this sheet

• byronscott4everbyronscott4ever Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

<< <i>any value?

1989 topps uncut sheet in awful shape and blank backed but front is missing all black.

image >>

Not missing all black, I see Bud on there. Cool finds, please post others if there are any.

<< <i>

<< <i>any value?

image >>

Not missing all black, I see Bud on there. Cool finds, please post others if there are any. >>

Bud has no black, its dark purple
  • hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    All that stuff has value to the right person
    Since this guy worked at Topps, maybe those gold borders are some sort of proof card?
  • DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    Bud "BLACK".....

It was a joke. LOL..

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭
    That 1963 Topps rookies book with the Pete Rose in it used to go for good money. Not sure what they go for now but I will bet over a hundred bucks at least!
    I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,949 ✭✭✭✭
    I bet a Ripken collector would love that 1989 uncut sheet! image

Cool stuff!
  • mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Cool find on the Bush card -- and the 63 Rookie book should go for good coin as well!
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • hey ill give you 20 bucks for that gold tigers leader card

edit to add: thats alan trammell on the left of the card and i collect him
  • I distinctly remember reading about gold bordered 89 Topps sets that were only given to select Topps employees and vendors. I only remember it because you mentioned they were like stickers. I believe the ones released to employees were only proofs of the original set and were given prior to the 89 set release.

<< <i>I distinctly remember reading about gold bordered 89 Topps sets that were only given to select Topps employees and vendors. I only remember it because you mentioned they were like stickers. I believe the ones released to employees were only proofs of the original set and were given prior to the 89 set release. >>

Interesting. I will see if i can confirm anymore info. Thanks very much.
  • I'm searching the forums I have frequented trying to find it.
  • CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I can offer $8 dlvd for everything.
  • eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭
    cool card. What does the bush card sell for? Was it inserted in packs or just given to employees?
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • The Bush card was made for him but I believe some got out into packs and others made it out into the hobby through employees it seems.
  • The last Bush card sold for a ridiculous amount of $. HUGE find. Congrats!
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter
  • pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    thanks for the contest! please enter my name in your giveaway..
    ·p_A·
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Kewl stuff Roger ... BTW ... is that Bush card on ebay yours?????
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.

<< <i>Kewl stuff Roger ... BTW ... is that Bush card on ebay yours????? >>

yeah i found an article online that said the last one sold for 9k so i put it at 8900 obo
    got a few offers so far by e-mail
  • RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Also, some 1983 mcdonalds hockey stickers, none in pop report, are they rare? >>

A little scarce but not worth too much. They were only produced in Quebec, though.
  • MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Also, some 1983 mcdonalds hockey stickers, none in pop report, are they rare? >>

A little scarce but not worth too much. They were only produced in Quebec, though. >>

about $2-10 each, Gretzky $20-30 in nice raw condition but would be better subbing as a 9 could bring 150 and an 8 half that.