Home PSA Set Registry Forum

hand cut card ?

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
So I have this card that is a hand cut. There is more than ample borders surrounding the dotted outline of the card. ? is, how much do I cut off before I send the card in...do I get within a 1/4 inch or so, or closer, or just close enough so as to not touch the dotted outline? Never had a hand cut before, I'm guessing cut close enough as to leave the outline intact.

Comments

• redlegsredlegs Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a card that I recently cut and had graded. This should give you an idea as to the amount of room to have around the lines. From my experience, you should get close but directly cut into the lines.

• You're right, just cut close enough to the dotted line without cutting any part of the dotted line. And try to make the cuts as straight as possible. I would practice on a card or two cutting close to lines first before I would try it on the one you want to submit for grading. Sometimes I try to get too fine and end up cutting into part of the line and then the highest grade I've gotten after that is a PSA 6.
    Lawrence Taylor #1 Basic/Master
    1993 Pro Set Power All-Power-Defense Gold #1
  • FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any advice on 1980's topps box bottoms? It seems like the solid thin lines must be showing but not any white beyond the solid lines.

Nathanael
  • MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Redlegs, just what I needed.
  • divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    redlegs...

Great job cutting up the Ozzie...image

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • redlegsredlegs Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Donato.
    I actually already sold it about a month ago for $175.

Phil