Home PSA Set Registry Forum

PSA Promotion Idea

I just had a thought for PSA that might be a good promotion idea and create some interest and fun for the PSA submitters and regular contributors on this board.

What if PSA offered a "Free Grade" with any submission. But set up some ground rule or theme for the card to be submitted. Here are a couple ideas...

1. During an election year, submit up to one president card (or candidate) from any generation with your PSA order and have it graded and slabbed for free. One per submission.

2. Disco Month, Submit any non-HOF player card form the 1972 Topps set and have it graded and slabbed for free. One per submission.

3. When Prince Charles takes the throne some day, Submit any Sacramento Kings, KC Royals, LA Kings, or Detroit Lions and have it graded and slabbed for free. One per submission.

This would encourage submissions and folks on the forum could post scans and compare their freebies on this forum. Anyone else have suggestions?

Comments

• cards651cards651 Posts: 665 ✭✭
    Suggestions? I suggest you sell the combine, leave that Kansas farm in the rear-view mirror and head west to Newport Beach. This is the type of original thinking that PSA could use. image
  • PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    Disco would have to be Danny Ford, or any players that were scheduled to play on the legendary "Disco Demolition Night".
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    how about a beer night free submission, any player from the infamous Cleveland/Texas $.10 beer night graded for free......have to also ask, what is the connection to royalty for the Detroit Lions??? understand the kings, royals but don't understand lions??
  • theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    after the health care gets strong armed and put into law in a way that would make tony soprano proud any dr. j card would get graded for free.

the only caveat is that the submitter would have to give the card to the government so they could auction it off to pay for the boondoggle of government health care.
  • PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    How about one per submission of players on their birthdays. So, for example, if your submission is postmarked August 12th, you can submit your George McGinnis for free.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭

<< <i>after the health care gets strong armed and put into law in a way that would make tony soprano proud any dr. j card would get graded for free.

the only caveat is that the submitter would have to give the card to the government so they could auction it off to pay for the boondoggle of government health care. >>

See lines below.
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    PINK FLOYD-SHEEP-Harmlessly passing your time in the grassland away;Only dimly aware of a certain unease in the air.You better watch out,There may be dogs about.I've looked over Jordan and I have seen Things are not what they seem.What do you get for pretending the danger's not real.Meek and obedient you follow the leader Down well trodden corridors into the valley of steel.What a surprize !A look of terminal shock in your eyes.Now things are really what they seem .No,this is not a bad dream.

sonny,
    will you have room for your cards in you bomb shelter or will the rest of the family have to fend for themselves?image
  • calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭

<< <i>PINK FLOYD-SHEEP-Harmlessly passing your time in the grassland away;Only dimly aware of a certain unease in the air.You better watch out,There may be dogs about.I've looked over Jordan and I have seen Things are not what they seem.What do you get for pretending the danger's not real.Meek and obedient you follow the leader Down well trodden corridors into the valley of steel.What a surprize !A look of terminal shock in your eyes.Now things are really what they seem .No,this is not a bad dream.

sonny,
    will you have room for your cards in you bomb shelter or will the rest of the family have to fend for themselves?image >>

I have an extra underground railroad room for real Americans.
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    "Anyone else have suggestions?"

4. Holiday Season - Any Pro Set Santa Claus card. One per submission.

5. A Yankee Player comes up "Dirty" - Any Red Sox card. One per submission.

6. Tiger Woods wins the masters. - Any Benchwarmers Kiss card. Two per submission.

7. Barry Bond's comes clean about steroids - Any Hank Aaron card. One per submission.

8. Dallas Cowboys win the Super Bowl - Free certificate for coin grading. One per submission.

9. Kansas City Chiefs win the Super Bowl - Any unused redemption card. One per submission.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.