Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

thenavarro's PSA/DNA autographed card group submission II (All have been shipped back now)

I'm doing a PSA/DNA autographed card bulk submission in late May, early June. This is just a heads up for all those that want to participate to start planning for the sub. This will be my 2nd PSA/DNA autographed card group sub, and if you want to see the first, go here:

The first one I did several months ago

Here are the rules for now:

1) The cards that pass, will be slabbed with the red flip, and a grade for the card. The autograph itself will not be graded, only authenticated, but the card will be graded (as long as the card meets PSA criteria to receive a number grade). Here are a couple examples of what the flips will look like: (Please take note that your card may get a qualifier like my Mantle did, IE, MC, OC, ST, etc.)

2) All cards must be licensed trading cards
3) There are NO tallboys or oversize cards allowed. Period.
4) There are no cards allowed that are valued at or over $500.00. Please don't play games with this and submit cards valued higher. PSA is being good to us, and giving us a dang good deal, don't take advantage of them that way. I had a small problem with this on the last group sub, and PSA pointed out to me when I inquired about it this time, that they would only do it if I would agree that they had the final say on value, as last time, we went round and round on a couple cards and finally came to a mutually satisfactory agreeement
5) You must send in 25 cards minimum. I don't want to have to take the time to deal with small orders (IE, 1 card, 3 cards, etc.), and I won't. If you have a smaller quantity and want to participate, then find some friends to join up with and ship them all together. NO ORDERS UNDER 25 CARDS, PERIOD.
6) The price is $10.00 per card, plus shipping all directions. At this stage, I DO NOT KNOW how much shipping will be, but I'm not interested in making money off of you by charging high shipping, I only desire to cover the actual shipping/packing/insurance/etc. costs. On the last sub, I LOST money shipping, and that won't happen this time. PSA is employing new shipping methods, and if their method causes any loss to anyones cards in shipping, then I'm only responsible for the proportionate amount that I receive in an insurance claim from PSA, period.
7) I will accept payments via check or money order. If your check or money order bounces, then I will not send your submission and you will pay for me to ship them back to you. You must pay in full when you send me the cards for submission. I don't have enough money to loan you money. I will also accept paypal via their gift option and you will cover the fees involved if you want this route.
8) The submission will be going to PSA, no EARLIER than the third week of May. I have to raise my own submission fees for my own cards, and I won't have that done at least until then. Additionally, I have some cards out to signings that won't be back until then anyway that I want to send. The submission will be going to PSA, no later than the last week of June.
9) When you send me your cards, you must package them in individual card savers, with stickers on the back just like PSA requires. Please include an inventory list with all pertinent information. Check their submission center if you are unsure how to do that. (I will include explicit instructions in this thread when I'm ready to begin receiving your cards.) You must ship them in a method that requires my signature. Make sure you purchase adequate insurance.
10) When I am ready to receive your cards, I will post that in this thread and then you can ship them to me. This will probably be no earlier than early May, DON'T SEND THEM UNTIL I TELL YOU TO, and you don't need my address now, only when I'm ready.
11) If you are planning on participating, please post in this thread with your approximate quantity, and I will keep a running list in this post.
12) Please don't ask me if we can get a better deal with PSA, if you'd like to do that, do it yourself. Again, I think they are being more than fair and generous with their pricing. It works for me, if it doesn't work for you, then don't participate.
13) I am not responsible for PSA's turnaround time. If it takes them a week, that's awesome, if it takes them 3 months, that's not my responsibility. I'll be waiting anxiously just like you.
14) If you still have questions, please ask them in the thread, not via PM's, it's much easier for me to keep track of it that way.
15) If I decide to change the rules, it won't be a committee decision, it will be mine only. By participating, you agree to abide by and be bound by the rules.

Sorry for all the rules, I just don't want there to be any misconceptions, and in order for everything to go smoothly, I feel it's best to set them from day one. I know some of them sound like a horses behind, but I learned some things from last time that will make the process go smoother.

Take care,

Mike

1) thenavarro 100 cards
2) Randy 52 cards
3) jswieton 50 cards
4) powdered H2O at least 30 cards
5) jeserone ?? cards
6) bigjaco 25 cards
7) gregm13 at least 135 cards
8) Bkritz 25 cards
9) HuggyFace WITHDRAWN
10) Lawnmowerman ?? cards
11) earlsworld 25 cards
12) autos4alex 25 cards
13) leathtech WITHDRAWN
14) mcholke 25 cards

Here we go, this bulk submission tool that bigjaco created is great in that it provides me the info I need to make sure the sub goes smoothly. Once you've completed the process, his program will email me and I'll send you my mailing address and payment info. Let's roll!!

Mike

To register:
1) Turn on private messages on your CUAccount. You can do this by editing your profile (click the profile button at the top of the page)
2) Private Message (PM) or email bigjaco: cuforumsubmission@gmail.com with your email address, first and last name.
3) You will get a registration notification PM'ed or emailed to you with detailed directions on how to register your submission.
Buying US Presidential autographs

Comments

• AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to send in like 10. Anyone want to join with me to get up to 25 to send to Mike?
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    Mike,

Awesome deal...thanks again. I'm going to send in around 75 for myself and another 60 for Frank Massero (FabFrank on the PSA boards).

John,

You're welcome to join my order if you'd like.

Rgs,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • mcholkemcholke Posts: 1,000 ✭✭
    Mike

This is great, count me in for 25 cards. Thanks, Kevin

Collecting Tony Perez PSA and Rookie Baseball PSA

• nflhofnflhof Posts: 189 ✭✭
    Any chance I can submit a signed ticket? I have a Philip Rivers unused signed NFL debut ticket I would like to get slabbed.
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Any chance I can submit a signed ticket? I have a Philip Rivers unused signed NFL debut ticket I would like to get slabbed. >>

No, not on this group sub. This is for cards only. Sorry,

Mike
  • goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

Mike,
    Are modern jersey/auto cards considered oversized?The ones
    with the patches are a little thicker,not any longer or wider?
    Thanks
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8

<< <i>Mike,
    Are modern jersey/auto cards considered oversized?The ones
    with the patches are a little thicker,not any longer or wider?
    Thanks >>

If you are talking about the certified auto cards with jersey patches, you'd be better off I think sending them in on one of the regular grading specials, since certified autographed cards after xxxx date (the year escapes me at the moment) only have to go through card grading and not autograph authentication. (thus, you can usually get them done cheaper on one of their regular grading specials)

Otherwise, if it fits into the standard trading card slab, then you can send them in mine.

Mike
  • alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭
    edit: whoops, missed the minimum

I will be in if I can raise the money for 25
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • thanks for doing this again... I will probably be in if PSA does not offer a $10 specail before you do yours.
  • Hi Mike,

Please put me down for 30.

Thank you,
    bj
  • eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'd like to send in like 10. Anyone want to join with me to get up to 25 to send to Mike?
    John >>

i have 1 or 2 that i want to send.. if you don't mind dealing with a 1 lot.. i'm in.
    thanks
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • 3) There are NO tallboys or oversize cards allowed. Period

Stupid question, but I need to be sure. Does this eliminate Goal Line Art and Ron Mix HOF cards?
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion

<< <i>3) There are NO tallboys or oversize cards allowed. Period

Stupid question, but I need to be sure. Does this eliminate Goal Line Art and Ron Mix HOF cards? >>

I have no idea what the dimensions of Goal Line Art and Ron Mix HOF cards are, so with that being said, if it fits into the standard trading card slab that they use, then you can send them in mine. If the slab for those particular cards is a larger size then the slab they use for the standard 2.5 x 3.5 trading cards, then no, they cannot go in mine.

Mike
  • HuggyfaceHuggyface Posts: 304 ✭✭
    Mike,
    I'd be interested in at least 50 possibly 75 or more depending on funds.

Thanks,
    Tim
  • If the slab for those particular cards is a larger size then the slab they use for the standard 2.5 x 3.5 trading cards, then no, they cannot go in mine.

Thanks for the quick response Mike. They are a bit larger. If you want, you can check out what they look like in my HOF Auto set.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
    Mike,

It really bothers me that you lost money on shipping on the last group submission. This time around, please let us know who much you need to make you whole and we'll gladly contribute extra money. You shouldn't have to dig into your own pocket to cover any short falls.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow I can sense the tone of those "rules" even without all the capitalization for emphasis.

<< <i>Wow I can sense the tone of those "rules" even without all the capitalization for emphasis. >>

Just trying to make it as clear as possible to minimize the questions, keep the legwork to a minimum, and to make it as hassle free on myself as I can, while still providing a good deal for everyone else and myself.

Mike

<< <i>Just trying to make it as clear as possible to minimize the questions, keep the legwork to a minimum, and to make it as hassle free on myself as I can, while still providing a good deal for everyone else and myself.

Mike >>

I would say that you have done exactly that.

I think I'm waiting for a blue flip deal, but I have a real question. If I wanted in on this red flip deal, and trimmed all my autographed cards, would the area on the flip where the numerical grade of the card goes say authentic instead of a numerical grade because the card is trimmed?

<< <i>

<< <i>Just trying to make it as clear as possible to minimize the questions, keep the legwork to a minimum, and to make it as hassle free on myself as I can, while still providing a good deal for everyone else and myself.

Mike >>

I would say that you have done exactly that.

I think I'm waiting for a blue flip deal, but I have a real question. If I wanted in on this red flip deal, and trimmed all my autographed cards, would the area on the flip where the numerical grade of the card goes say authentic instead of a numerical grade because the card is trimmed? >>

That is up to PSA's discretion as to whether they want to send it back unholdered, or put it in an "Authentic" flip. I've seen them go both ways in the past. I will be checking the check box on the submission form that says "With Grade", however, PSA has the discretion to put it in an "Authentic" flip if the card doesn't meet their criteria to obtain a numbered grade.

Hope that helps,

Mike

<< <i>That is up to PSA's discretion as to whether they want to send it back unholdered, or put it in an "Authentic" flip. I've seen them go both ways in the past. I will be checking the check box on the submission form that says "With Grade", however, PSA has the discretion to put it in an "Authentic" flip if the card doesn't meet their criteria to obtain a numbered grade.

Hope that helps,

Mike >>

Since most of the cards I use for my autos are my worst examples, I would be trimming them to escape them being numerically graded on the merits of the cardboard itself. It's just a circumventing tactic I was tossing around, but I don't think I can meet the high minimum of 25 anyway.

<< <i>

<< <i>That is up to PSA's discretion as to whether they want to send it back unholdered, or put it in an "Authentic" flip. I've seen them go both ways in the past. I will be checking the check box on the submission form that says "With Grade", however, PSA has the discretion to put it in an "Authentic" flip if the card doesn't meet their criteria to obtain a numbered grade.

Hope that helps,

Mike >>

Since most of the cards I use for my autos are my worst examples, I would be trimming them to escape them being numerically graded on the merits of the cardboard itself. It's just a circumventing tactic I was tossing around, but I don't think I can meet the high minimum of 25 anyway. >>

Nam812,

I believe once in 2008, and once in 2009, PSA offered a $10 deal as one of their "Collectors Club" specials for autographed cards with red flips. Additionally, once in 2009, they offered a blue flip deal as well for $10. I don't know if they are going to do another, but if I were you, before I trimmed them, I would wait for one of those specials. You've got some nice signed cards IMO, don't trim them.

Mike

<< <i>Nam812,

I believe once in 2008, and once in 2009, PSA offered a $10 deal as one of their "Collectors Club" specials for autographed cards with red flips. Additionally, once in 2009, they offered a blue flip deal as well for $10. I don't know if they are going to do another, but if I were you, before I trimmed them, I would wait for one of those specials. You've got some nice signed cards IMO, don't trim them.

Mike >>

I'm a guy that likes to try to bend the system to my favor without breaking it's rules, so it was just a silly idea I was kicking around. Like I mentioned in my first post to this thread, I think the blue flip suits me much better. Good luck with your group sub.
  • Bumpage

I only have two cards this go around, anyone willing to include them with their order?

Thanks for offering this a second time Mike.
  • Autos4AlexAutos4Alex Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    I will submit at least 25 again, I will let you know an exact number closer to the date.
  • leathtechleathtech Posts: 3,191
    I will be in for 25.

thanks!
  • mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭✭
    Mike, thanks for offering this to us. Two questions: Can cards be sent in for the red flip WITHOUT grade attached, just authentic? Can cards be sent in with the blue flip, just to get all my cards consistant? Lastly, I only have a few cards so if anyone needs a few more to meet the minimum, let me know. thanks for answering these questions mike.
    PackManInNC
  • alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Mike, thanks for offering this to us. Two questions: Can cards be sent in for the red flip WITHOUT grade attached, just authentic? Can cards be sent in with the blue flip, just to get all my cards consistant? Lastly, I only have a few cards so if anyone needs a few more to meet the minimum, let me know. thanks for answering these questions mike. >>

No to both. This sub is redflip, with grades only.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Mike, thanks for offering this to us. Two questions: Can cards be sent in for the red flip WITHOUT grade attached, just authentic? Can cards be sent in with the blue flip, just to get all my cards consistant? Lastly, I only have a few cards so if anyone needs a few more to meet the minimum, let me know. thanks for answering these questions mike. >>

No to both. This sub is redflip, with grades only. >>

YUP ... that was Mike's FIRST RULE in the original post.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.

Mexpo75,

You ask: Can cards be sent in for the red flip WITHOUT grade attached, just authentic?

I reply: Not on this sub unless if a card doesn't qualify for a number grade, PSA can at their own discretion slab it "authentic". For this sub though, cards where the autograph is deemed authentic and the card itself qualifies for a number grade, will be given a number grade.

You ask: Can cards be sent in with the blue flip, just to get all my cards consistant?

I reply: If you are telling me your cards are already blue flipped, and you are asking if you can send those in on this sub to get red flips, then I would encourage you to just send them to PSA directly yourself. Since your cards have already been autograph authenticated, they will put them in a red flip for you if you just pay the card grading fee, you don't have to pay the autograph authentication fee again. When they are running routine grading specials, you can probably get those done cheaper then going through my sub.

If you are trying to ask if you can get your currently unslabbed cards to be slabbed with blue flips through my sub, then the answer is no.

Hope that helps address your questions.

I'll update the first post with the new people that have signed up sometime this weekend. I'm working on other stuff right now.

Mike

• I'm a new guy over here and would love to submit a few cards but will definitely not meet the limit. Would anyone be willing to let me submit 2 or 3 cards through them?

I can provide references if necessary.

Thanks,

Brad
    Collecting!!!

Sean Burnett
    Troy Polamalu Rookies
    Autographed Rookies from my Childhood
  • Sheldon
  • I'de love to send one card in.....anyone want to help out??
    Sheldon
    Hey Mike,

Question, I have several cards graded by other companies that I would like to get reslabbed. Would sending them in through the bulk submission be the cheapest way to go or is there something equivallent to sending in cards with a blue flip during a grading special that I could take advantage of?

If I do send those in do I need to cut the cards out of the slab or can I submit them still in the slab?

<< <i>Hey Mike,

Question, I have several cards graded by other companies that I would like to get reslabbed. Would sending them in through the bulk submission be the cheapest way to go or is there something equivallent to sending in cards with a blue flip during a grading special that I could take advantage of?

If I do send those in do I need to cut the cards out of the slab or can I submit them still in the slab? >>

Alex,

From my past experiences, if I were you, I'd crack them out if you want them to be crossed over without human nature kicking in. Many people will tell you with non-autographed cards, to crack them out and you might get the same grade.

Mike
    I'll be ready to receive your cards soon.

Mike
    Mike,

Do you still plan on submitting the order by late May?

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    Greg

Ill begin collecting the cards in mid to late May and will be doing the sub by the end of June

Mike
    Bigjaco is going to let us use his bulk submission online tool for this sub. The shipping price is going to be $1.50 per card, if it ends up costing me less, I'll refund you at the end. Last time I charged $1.00 per card and it wasn't enough.

I'll post instructions tomorrow on how to use Bigjaco's online tool. Once you do that, it will send me an email and I'll send you my mailing address to ship to.

Mike
  • leathtechleathtech Posts: 3,191
    just wanted to let you know I just used the current special... thanks for offering this to everyone!
    Here we go, this bulk submission tool that bigjaco created is great in that it provides me the info I need to make sure the sub goes smoothly. Once you've completed the process, his program will email me and I'll send you my mailing address and payment info. Let's roll!!

Mike

To register:
    1) Turn on private messages on your CUAccount. You can do this by editing your profile (click the profile button at the top of the page)
    2) Private Message (PM) or email bigjaco: cuforumsubmission@gmail.com with your email address, first and last name.
    3) You will get a registration notification PM'ed or emailed to you with detailed directions on how to register your submission.

• First few users setup and ready to go.

Stats so far:
    0 cards.

I sent an e-mail but didn't get a response. Can you send the form info to my e-mail: nezara@hotmail.com?

<< <i>I sent an e-mail but didn't get a response. Can you send the form info to my e-mail: nezara@hotmail.com? >>

Alex,

Did you send an email to cuforumsubmission@gmail.com ? He will have to assign you your credentials for the online form. I can't do it myself. I'll shoot Jake a PM tomorrow and see if he can help you.

Mike
  • friendly bump as we have a bunch registered and set to ship.
    Sub will be going to PSA sometimes between June 20th and June 26th, so this is LAST CALL. If you want in, get them in.

Mike
  • quick FYI as I had to switch hosts rather quickly the bulk sub site will be down till probably wednesday (June 16) as i work to setup a new host.

I currently have the site working and database restored, just need to point my domain over to the new host so hopefully very soon.

<< <i>quick FYI as I had to switch hosts rather quickly the bulk sub site will be down till probably wednesday (June 16) as i work to setup a new host.

I currently have the site working and database restored, just need to point my domain over to the new host so hopefully very soon. >>

Ok, I didn't realize it was down, if people need some extra days, it's ok by me.

Mike
  • effeeffe Posts: 190 ✭✭
    Sorry in advance for what perhaps is a stupid question, but I don't usually dabble in newer cards. I have a signed Bob Pettit card like this one link Is this too thick for a standard holder? It is thicker than your average card.