Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Resource on the history of coin wrappers?

Anyone know of a resource for the history of coin wrappers? My Google attempts have left me empty handed.
imageRIP

Comments

• Options
    DentuckDentuck Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a job for David Lange!

• Options
    I think Benjamin Franklin made reference to a roll of coins.
  • Options
    Only thing I know is that most banks get their wrapper from Harrisburg, PA - N.F. String & Son

Resource might be to call a few of the Larger Banks & ask them - referring to Bank Wrapped Rolls
    shasta7
    Those who are collecting SILVER... will be wealthy shortly!!
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't someone mention that one of our forum dealers has a nice writeup about OBW rolls on his website? When I went there, I remember that he had some good examples of older wrappers..........I'm trying to remember the dealer, which is pretty bad because I should remember who it is............
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Didn't someone mention that one of our forum dealers has a nice writeup about OBW rolls on his website? When I went there, I remember that he had some good examples of older wrappers..........I'm trying to remember the dealer, which is pretty bad because I should remember who it is............ >>

Try this one.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file