Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Marijuana Coin now available

danglen

My Website

"Everything I have is for sale except for my wife and my dog....and I'm not sure about one of them."

Comments

• ajaanajaan Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting coin. Really should be on the World BST though. How many do you have?

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    I think there may be a Market for that coin.image
  • laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    Really should be on the World BST though

I don't know-interest in this coin is huge I guess, and things can get lost over there.

I've got to save up for this-how many do you have left Danglen?image
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • danglendanglen Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭
    I posted the coin on my website at 3PM yesterday and as of 9:00 AM this morning have sold about a third of my allocation. I'm trying to get more, but don't know if I can image. The reason I didn't post this on the BST is because I don't want non-Darksiders to get in on the discount. I'm having no trouble selling these coins at $70, and I have a feeling that we will be seeing price increases very shortly, based on supply versus demand. I have these coins on a "joint venture" with the official distributor of Benin coinage and if he tells me the I need to raise the price, I have to do it. So if you're thinking of getting one or more, you should do it now, because I don't know how much longer I can sell these at a discount.
    danglen

My Website

"Everything I have is for sale except for my wife and my dog....and I'm not sure about one of them."
  • cladkingcladking Posts: 28,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MMmmm, copper nickel. ...Silver plated even has a scratch and sniff.

What's not to love? image
    Tempus fugit.
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to buy one for old times sake but only if danglen will meet me in a parking lot.
  • Well since half of the world stock will be owned by forum members, we should do something to promote it a bit and jack the prices up. I was thinking something like having someone arrested in a very strict state for posession of the coin, would make headlines around the world and spark interest. Any publicity is good publicity. No, I'm not volunteering.

Sorry, probably not very productive commentary, just a bit of ranting. Oh and I've just discovered the emotion button in this forum:

Andrew
    Still thinking of what to put in my signature...
  • SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    Only 40 rubs? I predict a huge decrease in price when the coin reaches XF condition. See ya in the parking lot. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
    Hmmmm , when one get submitted to PCGS with a tar stain in the center , Think it may get rejected??image
    Just got mine,,, nice looking piece. Thanks Dan.
  • laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    I can see the future Krause listing:

Benin (Dahomey)
    Peoples Republic
    Standard Coinage
    KM#9.5 100 Francs CFA Colored Crown 27gr 38.61mm
    Composition: Silver-clad Copper-Nickel
    Obverse: National Arms Reverse:Cannabis Sativa-Famous Plants Of The World Mintage: 2,500 2010 Proof/UNR $1,500

Don't rub that! image

Edited to add: Anyone who has a Femme Somba and would like to post her, I would thank them kindly.image
    Anyone who has one for sale, please let me know.
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
    Here you go,,, For your viewing pleasure. It is possible to own the entire set in its holder

,,, let me think on it.image

• savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,267 ✭✭✭✭

www.brunkauctions.com

• WalterWalter Posts: 145 ✭✭
    $75 for cupro-nickel? They're worse than our mint.
  • Talisman has it for 50 I got 6. $1,500 for this baby in future ? hmm I might hold onto the 5 I have. I don't doubt it ! image

Gee you could buy this
    http://www.cmcmint.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_8_11&products_id=58

LOL what a rip off. Its not a coin !

Ahaha I see, they sell on ebay canada for a buck ! $84.95 is for 50
  • I can thank the "Femme Somba" for a "pop quiz" a Kenyan friend gave me. She was working with the World Bank on a trip to an undisclosed country (meaning that I'm a white American and wouldn't get it anyways). She riddled me this: "I'm on a layover from Nairobi at a very homey airport well south of Timbuktu. If I were in port 2 centuries ago - I'd really be worrying about the the cabin conditions. I like my personal space, you know. Do you know the name? It's in the lingua Franca." I had just recently looked at a coin from Benin and (having looked online) had seen a "Femme Somba" of Dahomey. A single google search of airports in Benin that serve Nairobi and also were ports related to the Slave Trade and France (search = Benin airport Nairobi French colony dahomey slave) took me to airgorilla.com which gave me "Cotonou". She thought this was weird beyond rational. Thank you "Femme Somba" for my mystified friend.
  • WeissWeiss Posts: 9,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked mine and I would have kept it if it was in sterling or .999

Perth mint puts out tons of bizarre 1-oz silver multi-color semi-proof crazy boxed short-run pieces in the $50 to $70 range.

A cupro coin plated in silver is just kind of lame, no matter the cool factor of the coin.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame