Home Sports Talk
Options

NCAA Sleeper Alert!

WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
Lehigh Moutain Hawks take down the not-so-mighty Kansas Jayhawks!

You heard it here first.

Discuss.
Wondo

Comments

• Options
    RobbRobb Posts: 2,034
    Not a chance in hell. A more likely scenario would be North Texas over K-State.
    imageRIP
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    Murry St over Vandy and Siena over Purdue.......Purdue really misses their big guy and Vandy has been inconsistent this year. No guarantees, so you'll probably watch Purdue rip Siena...and Vanderbilt play their best game ever.
  • Options
    My buddy (Lehigh grad) and I were watching the Lehigh - Lafayette game for the Patriot league Championship at a bar on Saturday. It doesn't even look like the same game as the Kansases of the world play, but you can dream.

BTW, Kansas has never beaten the mighty Lehigh Mountain Hawks in basketball. Coincidence? I think not!
    Wondo

• Options

<< <i>My buddy (Lehigh grad) and I were watching the Lehigh - Lafayette game for the Patriot league Championship at a bar on Saturday. It doesn't even look like the same game as the Kansases of the world play, but you can dream.

BTW, Kansas has never beaten the mighty Lehigh Mountain Hawks in basketball. Coincidence? I think not! >>

have they ever played them???? just curious.....this might be like Case here in Ohio which is near Cleveland beating Ohio State....and yes they did but back in the early 1900's....
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>My buddy (Lehigh grad) and I were watching the Lehigh - Lafayette game for the Patriot league Championship at a bar on Saturday. It doesn't even look like the same game as the Kansases of the world play, but you can dream.

BTW, Kansas has never beaten the mighty Lehigh Mountain Hawks in basketball. Coincidence? I think not! >>

have they ever played them???? just curious.....this might be like Case here in Ohio which is near Cleveland beating Ohio State....and yes they did but back in the early 1900's.... >>

Let's not cloud the issue with facts! It remains that the lowly Jayhawks are still looking for their first win against the mighty Lehigh team. image
    Wondo

• Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Murry St over Vandy and Siena over Purdue.......Purdue really misses their big guy and Vandy has been inconsistent this year. No guarantees, so you'll probably watch Purdue rip Siena...and Vanderbilt play their best game ever. >>

No big upsets here. The higher seeds are 2-3 point favorites. If you were a 12 seed, would you rather play Butler or Michigan State? I will not be surprised if Butler goes down.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

have they ever played them???? just curious.....this might be like Case here in Ohio which is near Cleveland beating Ohio State....and yes they did but back in the early 1900's.... >>

Let's not cloud the issue with facts! It remains that the lowly Jayhawks are still looking for their first win against the mighty Lehigh team. image >>

A weird fact is that Ohio State played Case ten times in the late 1800's and early 1900's and did not win one time.....looked it up last night.....so I guess Lehigh is going to be 0-1 against Kansas in the near future....hey nothing wrong with that......
  • Options
    butler is waayyy to overrated and florida should not have been in it.
  • Options
    Vandy just lost to Murray State at the buzzer. Sam Houston -vs.- Baylor is close at the moment.
    imageRIP
  • Options
    purduepetepurduepete Posts: 790 ✭✭✭
    Right now, the biggest sleeper looks to be Ohio U. after the whuppin' they put on Georgetown.

Big East teams have not looked good so far in the NCAA and NIT tourneys this year...overhyped maybe?
    Tom

Collecting: Topps 1952-79, Bowman 1952-55, OPC 1965-71, and Pre-War White Sox cards
  • Options

I was pumped at 12-4!
    Wondo

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I went to the games yesterday in San Jose. The Murray State/Vandy game was a great one as was U-dub/Marquette. Other two games were decent. New Mexico was not impressive over Montana. Butler just overwhelemd UTEP in the second half. I was impressed with Butler's passing but I hate teams that rely on the three. Plus, Butler had this really annoying fan sitting near us which made me a big UTEP fan. image
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Nice to see the Kansas teams doing so well. WSU basketball also did pretty good this year and much of all three teams will be around a couple years.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Yeah I don't think anyone here watched Butler play too much the last 4 years. They are super tough. Be that as it may, GO BIG RED, OMG Cornell freakin won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mercury, you appear to be a serial sleeping icon poster.

I had insomnia last night so I clicked on the link to your registry Franklin set. Slept better than I had in a long time. Thanks.
  • Options
    St. Mary's upset Villanova 75-68. Murray State -vs.- Butler is close.
    imageRIP
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the Orangemen the last of the BIG East?

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options

<< <i>Are the Orangemen the last of the BIG East? >>

Nope, West Virginia and Pitt are still around.
  • Options
    KU down ant the half. They're playing terrible and Northern Iowa is doing everything right- especially clock management and rebounds.
    imageRIP
  • Options
    KU down by 3 with 51 secs left.
    imageRIP
  • Options
    KU is toast.
    imageRIP
  • Options
    The white boys are on fire. First St. Mary's, now UNI image