Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Would you neg a seller over this, or just let it go?

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
So I get this item in the mail, a raw item. Although when I made the purchase I included a note that requested "extra packaging to secure the card, blah, blah". Well, the seller shipped it to me with only one piece of cardboard, not two, which barely covered the item and in a big padded envelope, this caused "flexing"...result, a nice vertical crease in the item, which now renders it useless for grading. It is not a common item and one I needed for my collection. Sum total is less than $4, which is obviously peanuts, but nonetheless, carelessness caused a sour deal. Neg, neutral or nothing?

Maybe I'll just take a deep breath and move on...geez, something so simple destroys an item I've been looking for for a long time. image

Comments

• Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    Give the seller a chance to make it right. If not, then neg. If so, then positive or leave nothing at all.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Shipped with a bubble mailer and a piece of cardboad bigger then the item is better then maybe 60% of the eBay shipments I receive....as it is under $5 I would e-mail the seller and let him know, but likely just blow it off if nothing came from it. A rude seller response might change the scene.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>Shipped with a bubble mailer and a piece of cardboad bigger then the item is better then maybe 60% of the eBay shipments I receive....as it is under $5 I would e-mail the seller and let him know, but likely just blow it off if nothing came from it. A rude seller response might change the scene. >>

Handle it via email with the seller. He might not realize the flaws in that method.

In these days of "Free Shipping madness", I'm seeing a real rise in PWEs and pitiful packaging. My favorite if the raw card in a sleeve (not a saver) taped to a sheet of cardboard. The time I've spent trying to figure out how to free the card without damaging it is growing by the day. My 2nd favorite is several raw cards in sleeves sandwiched between two hard sleeves and taped securely shut. You have to use an exacto VERY CAREFULLY to cut the tape free without hitting the cards. I've failed at that twice now.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fortunately, the seller has somehow managed to ship a 2nd item in what is called a "very secure" package...we'll see. I'm most amazed that there was another item so readily available after searching for almost 2 years!

The prime issue was the piece of cardboard used was partially from a flap of a cardboard box with an already built in "bend' to it, not a solid piece of cardboard. The P.O. or someone managed to flex the envelope exactly on the cardboard crease, which of course damaged the card, actually it was a disc.

The few times that I sell an item, I package it the way I'd like to receive it, almost Krypton proof and almost always in a box be it a common or a star...totally avoids the hassle.
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully you'll receive the second shipment in good shape. That was nice of the seller to make things right.

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)