Home Sports Talk

2010 NCAA Basketball Tournament Selections

AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
Seems like the committee had an easier time this year picking the 34 at-large selections.

Not too much controversy after the selections.

In my mind, only one selection gives me pause..........Florida.

I think 4-5 teams may have seemed to have better overall resumes and deserved that spot. The most notable being Rhode Island and Wichita State.

Anyone else have any objections to some of the at-large selections? Or do you think overall it was one of the easiest years for the selection committee?
I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.

Comments

• couple things that I though were problems was giving butler a 5 seed, what quality wins do they have? how did florida get in, and illinois out and syracuse looks like a very very weak 1 seed

• << <i>couple things that I though were problems was giving butler a 5 seed, what quality wins do they have? >>

I remember them saying Ohio ST and Xavier.
  • ohio state and purdue are one man shows turner for osu and hummel was for purdue.
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turner is great and OSU is loaded with talent.

Purdue was a one man show.

I am an Illini fan and while they won some big games- they did not look impressive in their last 4-5 conference games- Illinois was a very tough call

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭
    I thought Miss. State should have gotten a bid. Probably over Florida.

I was glad that Utah State made it as I have a few peeps who went there so I root for them. Interesting choice since they don't play anybody (though they did beat BYU this year) but had won 17 in a row before losing in their conf. championship game. If they had been excluded it woudl have been a tough pill to swallow but totally understandable based on schedule. Would V-tech or Miss State been a better choice? I am just saying it's an interesting debate but glad USU got the nod.

I am going Thursday in San Jose and will be rooting for the underdogs! Always fun when the underdog starts winning at the NCAA games as most of the building becomes fans of the dog.