Home Sports Talk
Options

Big Ten Tournament

coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
I don't recall seeing a game like the Illinois-Ohio State game- Readers' Digest condensed version- Illinois looked great and had an 11 point lead- OSU went on an 20-0 run and it looked like a lock- then Illinois, left for dead, comes back- overtime- double overtime- OSU wins

Great tournament game even though the Illini did not get the job done- it was a great effort by both teams. OSU is finding ways to win

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

Comments

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the Buckeyes have anything left in the tank tomorow?
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    was a wild one!

That Diebler kid is from my area. He played HS ball in our HS's league and he used to punish us 2x each year. I saw him each year since I worked the games for some extra dough.

I saw the blurb on the bottom of the screen when he drained that 3 in the second OT that he broke the record for most 3's in OSU history with 243!? He still has a year to go.
  • Options
    purduepetepurduepete Posts: 790 ✭✭✭
    Purdue looked horrible in their beatdown at the hands of Minnesota today.

As much as I hate to say it, the Boilermakers have the look of a one-and-done team come tourney time... image
    Tom

Collecting: Topps 1952-79, Bowman 1952-55, OPC 1965-71, and Pre-War White Sox cards
  • Options
    The MN-Purdue game illustrated two things very well-

1. What the loss of a player can mean; and

2. The intensity and performance that can come out of a team that is perceived to be on the bubble.

While conventional wisdom would say it is Ohio State's tournament to loose- Today's game has the potential to be a costly eye-opening surprise

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The MN-Purdue game illustrated two things very well-

1. What the loss of a player can mean; and

2. The intensity and performance that can come out of a team that is perceived to be on the bubble.

While conventional wisdom would say it is Ohio State's tournament to loose- Today's game has the potential to be a costly eye-opening surprise >>

The combination of the Buckeyes leaving their bench on the bench throughout the games, going double OT, and Minnesotas need to either win or impress the committee may make it tough on the Bucks.

As the Buckeyes progress through the NCAA, foul trouble, fatigue, and or injury could be hard to overcome.
    I still have them to win it all, just like every other year. Hey, I was right 50 years ago. image
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    Ohio State deserves a 1 seed based on their performance

• Options

<< <i>Ohio State deserves a 1 seed based on their performance >>

They got what they deserved a 2 seed as i predicted. 7 losses is too many for a #1 seed.
  • Options
    lbcoach20lbcoach20 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭
    Missed Evan Turner for 3 or 4 of those losses. But I agree, #2 seed was correct for them.