Home Metal Detecting
Options

Metal Detector Package as Eurotrip Giveaway

This is the type of package we hope to present in our Metal Detector giveaway as soon as we
raise the necessary cash. Please look at option #3 (we're about a third of the way there at this point).

Check the website here under the page 'donated coins' to support this giveaway.
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato

Comments

• Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    Ah, I see, little interest?

What is going on? Here in Western NY the snow is off the ground, it's raining, the ground is warming,
    soon we'll be detecting. Let's go! Is this a nice package or do we have to go bigger?
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll have to remember, Laurent, that the MD Forum is smaller even than the World Coin forum, so it moves pretty slowly sometimes, particularly in the off-season. I'm lucky to live in the Deep South and be able to hunt in winter and early spring.

(Be sure and remind me of how lucky I am to live here in June, July, and August, when the temperatures reach the 90s and the relative humidity likewise. Then I'll be longing to visit y'all up in the Northeast. Oh, and BTW, the sand gnats were out in full force today. It's official. The bloodsuckers are born and spring is on.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    wildjagwildjag Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭
    Has anyone used the Fisher Detector yet? Would it good for entry level?
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not used the Fisher F2 yet, though I have used the Fisher brand before.

Until an actual field test by somebody I know comes along to prove otherwise, I recently switched it to my recommended entry-level machine, since the Garrett Ace 250 has leapt in price, no doubt due to its immense popularity. When the Garrett machine was going for less than $220, that was my pick for best value in a starter detector, but based on Kellyco's current ask prices, with the Garrett way higher and creeping towards $300, I'd recommend the Fisher.

EDIT... but wait... as of this post, I see the Ace 250 back down to where it was, at $212-something. Hmm. That's odd. I could've sworn the price had spiked, the last time I checked that page.

Well, whatever. Either one is bound to be a good entry-level machine. I have not used either model personally, though I have owned both Garrett and Fisher machines in the past. In my experience, the Fishers I have used have had slightly "cleaner" (i.e., more accurate) discrimination than the Garretts, though that might have something to do with the sensitivity settings I used.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    Hey L M, have you or are you doing research as to a hot spot to go to? It doesn't seem as though you could hop off a plane , drive out to the country side and start swinging the coil and find enough gold for all of us.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".