Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1970 Topps - complete set in PSA 7 and 8 - My quest starts today

I have pondered this for a long long time. Being mainly a golf card collector, I have gotten away from baseball pretty much altogether.

After some deliberation... today, I figured what the heck. 1970 is my birth year, and I would like to put together a nice graded set but do not want to drop and arm and a leg.

so, I figured I would start with this post first and see if anyone has any PSA 7's that they would want to part with. I am in NO HURRY to get this done, and in fact haven't even hit the local shops yet. For now if I can pick off some commons for a very small price, that is likely where I am going to start. EDITED _ and I guess if someone has low priced PSA 8's I would take the jump on those too!

If anyone has any "7's" or el cheapo 8's" that would help a fella out...(right now my want list is pretty much everything!) shoot me a PM with what you have and a price and I will respond to you quickly!

Thanks in advance for all who can help out!

Dave

Edited to add the fact that I guess i will consider PSA 8's if the price is low enough!
Dave Johnson- Big Red Country-Nebraska
Collector of Vintage Golf cards! Let me know what you might have.

Comments

• Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    I would mix it up between 7's and 8's. 7's are a lot harder to find than 8's and there won't be a big difference in price for a lot of the common cards.
  • Options
    GolfcollectorGolfcollector Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭
    Good advice!

Like I said I am looking for "cheap" in this quest, unlike some of my golf sets, attaining super high grades and spending a LOT of money is NOT of interest to me when I put this together...but if I can get some 8's spinkled in at essentially similar lower prices than yeah, that makes sense!

I am off to the local shop to look through his raw cards. I have known the owner for a LONG time, he about fell outta his chair when I called, said someone had been earlier today and smacked up about 90 or so 1972's.....he didn't know what was up with the weather and people looking for 1970's BB today!
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I would mix it up between 7's and 8's. 7's are a lot harder to find than 8's and there won't be a big difference in price for a lot of the common cards. >>

Very good idea .---- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    thanks to jeff8877, I have my first 5 cards!

Thanks again, this is going to be dang fun!
  • Options
    Score #2...

Picked up a nice lot of 15 PSA 8's on ebay for under 75 bucks....

• Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>Score #2...

Picked up a nice lot of 15 PSA 8's on ebay for under 75 bucks.... >>

Well, that kills 14 of the 8's I was gonna offer you. image
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    Hey BBKING

sent you a PM, also thanks to another board member who sent me a HUGE list!

I also have snabbed a few more tonight...commons at about $2.25 a crack on the handfull I have been high bidder on. Now that is the right price for collecting I tell ya image!
  • Options
    Picked up a few more and have some active PM's to finalize a couple of more deals.

My you are all such a helpful bunch!
  • Options
    cougar701cougar701 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭
    Good luck on this set!

• Options
    PSARichPSARich Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
    Dave:
    I have hundreds (700-800) of 1970's baseball from vending. I have sent in probably 200 or so and received 99+% 8's and 9's. More than half are from semi-high series (547-633) Some cards I have 15-20 copies each. If you want to send cards in for grading ( PSA special would be $4.50-$5.00 each) I will sell you any of these for fifty cents each. You would no doubt get 8's and probably a few 9's. Send me a PM if interested.

Rich
  • Options
    psarich,

I sent you a PM a few days ago.

Thanks!

Dave
  • Options
    PSARich

thanks for the note back, i replied with another PM

Dave
  • Options
    WeekendHackerWeekendHacker Posts: 1,444 ✭✭
    How's that set coming along. I might be able to help you with some cards if you are still working it.
  • Options
    Thanks for the note.

Since I started I have completed a stem cell transplant to get rid of my hodgkins disease, been home for a few weeks, had a couple of incredibly rare set backs due to chemo medicine, and just got home from the hospital (again) yesterday.

I have picked up a lot on ebay for really cheap. Most 2-5 bucks with shipping. I think I have about 100 or so out of the way so far, but have been taking a break from it for awhile for obvious reasons.

Thanks for the note

Dave
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭
    Golfcolelctor- hope everything works out for you health-wise, good luck
    -John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    WeekendHackerWeekendHacker Posts: 1,444 ✭✭
    I wish you the best of luck with the rest of you treatment and recovery.

Mike