Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Tracking down a card in the registry

there's a card listed in the registry that i need, is there any way to find out who owns the card?

Comments

• Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    Ask PSA for the owner's home address. Knock at his door and tell him you want the card. If he doesn't give it to you put on the costume and follow him around.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    Yeah, I'm kind of confused by that request. If you're asking how you can find out who hasthis card available, all I can suggest is checking the registry sets that are out there and see who has this card. Often times, they will notate in the comments if they have a "spare" available.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    Is it listed in the "registry" or "population" - If it is in the registry/a registry set - see if the owner has their e-mail turned on and try e-mailing them, if they do not have their e-mail turned on, I wouldn't bother going any further as they have opted not to be bothered. If it is part of the "population" - good luck - exception being if it is a higher profile card (ie - PSA 10 52 Mantle) some of the better known dealers might know where it is. Be well. Good luck. BTW what card is it?

-Howard
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easy...click on the set that has the card you are interested in. On the right side you should see "contact xxxxx". Click that link and give it your best shot. This assumes of course the owner of the set has enabled his email contact link in the Registry, otherwise you may not have much success unless you post an open email to the guy on the Registry board and hope he reads it.
  • Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    Ask PSA for the owner's home address. Knock at his door and tell him you want the card. If he doesn't give it to you put on the costume and follow him around.

be careful on that advice. someone at psa may just give him the address.
  • Options

<< <i>Is it listed in the "registry" or "population" - If it is in the registry/a registry set - see if the owner has their e-mail turned on and try e-mailing them, if they do not have their e-mail turned on, I wouldn't bother going any further as they have opted not to be bothered. If it is part of the "population" - good luck - exception being if it is a higher profile card (ie - PSA 10 52 Mantle) some of the better known dealers might know where it is. Be well. Good luck. BTW what card is it?

-Howard >>

it's listed in the population report and the set the card belongs to isn't in the registry

the card is a 2000 Upper Deck Master Collection Muhammad Ali Autograph #ALI-A2 PSA 8. There's only one ALI-A2 listed in the pop report and it's also the only auto that i need to complete the set
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Is it listed in the "registry" or "population" - If it is in the registry/a registry set - see if the owner has their e-mail turned on and try e-mailing them, if they do not have their e-mail turned on, I wouldn't bother going any further as they have opted not to be bothered. If it is part of the "population" - good luck - exception being if it is a higher profile card (ie - PSA 10 52 Mantle) some of the better known dealers might know where it is. Be well. Good luck. BTW what card is it?

-Howard >>

it's listed in the population report and the set the card belongs to isn't in the registry

the card is a 2000 Upper Deck Master Collection Muhammad Ali Autograph #ALI-A2 PSA 8. There's only one ALI-A2 listed in the pop report and it's also the only auto that i need to complete the set >>

Like finding a needle in a haystack. Good luck.

-Howard
  • Options
    cards651cards651 Posts: 665 ✭✭
    I do not have that card. Since the pop report says there is only one in existence, I suggest we go back to KbKards initial suggestion -

<< <i>Ask PSA for the owner's home address. Knock at his door and tell him you want the card. If he doesn't give it to you put on the costume and follow him around. >>

Seriously, I wish you the best of luck but the 'needle in the haystack' response seems to sum it up.