Home Sports Talk
Options

Any Red Sox fans gonna attend the National in August?

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
Here's da deal...the National Sports Collectors Convention will be held in Baltimore from Aug 4-8th. The Red Sox will not be in town then, but the LAA will be there on the 4th and 5th. The CHW come in for the 6th, 7th and 8th. All games at 7:05 except for Sunday, which is a 1:05 start. Camden Yards can't be a bad place to watch a game, in fact, I hear it's a pretty decent place.

So, the thing is 5 months away, but if there is any interest in having a get together at a game, might be a good time to kinda be thinking about it. I will volunteer to be the "clearing house" to get the best tix for a game. If you are at all interested in meeting fellow posters, perhaps this would be a great opportunity. I had mentioned this some time ago and I know there was some positive thought on this. So, if you want, just add on to this post and we'll see where it goes. I will definitely be attending, not sure which day(s) yet, but I'm pretty flexible. Google 2010 National Sports Collectors Convention to see what will be happening. LOTS of cool players there for signing, Rice, Ripken, Eckersley, if that's your thing.

Anyway, give it some thought. You can PM me, or contact me at ajrs44@yahoo.com if you wish. I have no clue what seats are available, nor prices...once all that is determined, the only stipulation I would have is once you buy in, you've bought in...translation...I ain't gonna get stuck with a ticket. I will be happy to mail the ticket to you, or meet up in Baltimore, whichever is easiest.

Just thinkin'

Al

PS, I have it on good authority that Perkdog's perkies may be in attendance. That in and of itself should be worth the effort!! image What say Paul?

Comments

• Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    I'd like to know also....so I can be on the West Coast while all the Red Sox fans are in Baltimoreimage
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Al, Im pretty much 100% going, also planning on bringing a buddy with me because his brother lives nearby. We are splitting up as soon as we get there so I can hang out with you guys image
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    I'm trying to make it up there but it is too early to tell.
  • Options
    Not sure yet if I'm going but if you haven't been to Baltimore before it's a nice city. Went there a number of years ago to see the Indians play the Orioles at Camden Yards. The Stadium is really nice......gives Jacobs...oops Progressive Field a run for it's money...loved the area behind the fences were they have all the food vendors set up. Wonder if Boog Powell is still there.....he was when we went.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Not sure if I can swing it, but I'd love to go. As I mentioned before, the last (and ONLY) National I attended was in Atlantic City about 20 years ago.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    I went to the Atlantic City show also.....they used to have some nice shows there....got my Pete Rose auto at one of their 3000 hit shows......
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    Hey Al,

Count me as interested. I can't commit yet, but if it works out for me, I'd love to meet up for a game.

I'm just waiting to hear about a possible family reunion that could create a schedule conflict for me.

• Options
    Yo Von...hope it works out for Baltimore. What could me more important, a family reunion or a coupla nights with the guys on the Atlantic side?? image
  • Options

<< <i>Hey Al,

Count me as interested. I can't commit yet, but if it works out for me, I'd love to meet up for a game.

I'm just waiting to hear about a possible family reunion that could create a schedule conflict for me. >>

The only thing that may throw a monkey wrench into things for me is my daughter's volleyball....they start practicing in August and I don't know yet the exact dates.,,,
  • Options
    Family reunions and daughter's volleyball?

Where are your priorities??? image
  • Options

<< <i>Family reunions and daughter's volleyball?

Where are your priorities??? image >>

I hear ya,......thought I got out of doing anything in August when my son gave up football to concentrate on basketball......and then my daughter makes the 7th grade team and next year wants to play again. Got to enjoy it while I can.....before you know it they won't want to have dad...or mom for that matter do anything with them.....
  • Options
    When the time comes, send me your cell #, we'll send you some pics that you can enjoy while sipping that coke watching your daughter play.

You are correct, they grow up rapidly...as they say, been there, done that, there'll be another National. But, maybe you'll make it after all.
  • Options
    Tix now on sale in Baltimore...good seats available. Anyone wanna commit or pass? I plan to attend one of the LAA games, either Wed the 4th, or Thurs the 5th of August. My agenda will most likely be in on Wednesday and leave Friday PM.

If you can, pls either respond here or PM me with intentions. It would be cool to share a bit of time together at Camden. Both games are 7:05PM starts.