Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

24,000 Coin Capacity Cabinet FSH-LordM Trip Support-Update-It's gone!

Hello All, cabinet no longer available.

For the forum member who lives within a few hours drive of the greater Rochester NY area and won't mind picking
up this cabinet, odds are you'll have space for whatever size coin collection you'll ever have.

It's what you've always dreamed of owning if you're a coin collector!

Consider having it shipped if you're further away. Est weight is 150 lbs-will have to confirm

41"W x 60"H x 17 1'2"D
48"H without the legs,
30 upper drawers
3 pull out shelves
30 lower drawers
Drawers are 5"W X 16"D, split into 2 1/2" segments w/bar in middle.
Wood fronts, steel interior construction

Drawer capacity:
400 2x2's, 24,000 total cabinet capacity
42 slabs, 2,600-3,000 total cabinet capacity
Drawers have movable supports front
to back to keep 2 x 2's/slabs/airtites firmly locked in place.

Obviously this is a large library file card cabinet. Also obviously these things are serendipitously custom made for storing coins in a friendly environment. image
The pull-out shelves give an extendable work surface while working at the cabinet.
The 17 1/2" depth makes this very friendly to any environment-hugs the wall nicely and not so tall that it won't fit into odd areas.
The look isn't bad for the home: wood drawer fronts, wood pull-out work surfaces, wood grain finished steel that looks realistic.
Systems like this go for $1000's- I know, I was in that industry for years.
Very slightly cosmetically marred on the side-easily fixable, otherwise in excellent physical and cosmetic condition.

All proceeds over the cost go to support LordM's Eurotrip.

Please PM me offers over $315. The highest offer will be PM'd back as the highest bidder. I'd like to conclude this by next weeks end- thank you.

Please consider that buying coin albums from companies like Intercept, Whitman, Eagle and others are close to $30/album and typically hold 60 coins or less.
If you're purchasing albums for slabs, it's equally expensive (if not more) and you're storing even less.
10 little albums on a shelf is $300. This offers you so much more!
These perfectly rectangular drawers are also ideal for high density storage of coin tubes, coin storage boxes, proof set storage boxes, airtite velvet boxes and
numerous other coin storage systems, not to mention your supplies and tools of the trade. The middle drawer divider bar is removable.

One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato

Comments

• Options
    WalmannWalmann Posts: 2,806
    As those cabinets were set up based on the Dewey Decimal system they should work fine for decimal coinage, not too sure how well they would work for pre 71 UK non decimal coins.
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    All steel interior doesn't mind either filing method. image
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's fantastic. All of this stuff on my behalf makes me blush. image

My Dad was the director of the local library here until his recent retirement. They had old card catalogs like that (very, very similar, in fact) until they switched over to full computerization not too long ago. I asked Dad about the fate of the catalogs and he said somebody had already gotten them. Too bad. Or maybe I should be relieved, because I have nowhere to put such things in our cramped little trailer, and would have had to make room for them, much to ladymarcovan's distress.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    Well, I hoped the cabinet would sell quickly as I was only able to leave it in situ for a few days. I had to take delivery of it today and lacking any space
    to hold it I've moved it upstairs in my library where I'm afraid it's going to remain.image

I had to rent a truck to move it, etc. I will substitute another item to take its place soon that will not have the disadvantage of being huge and weighing a ton-I've learned my lesson.

Hope there's no hard feelings on anyone's part.image

• Options
    olmanjonolmanjon Posts: 1,187
    Should have called you-my sister in law in Ohio loved it but it was sold by the time she saw it. I would have trucked it out to her. Thanks for the chance anyway.
    Olmanjon
    Will call you next week to get together for lunch at cheap charlies
    Jon
    Proud recipiant of the Lord M "you suck award-March-2008"
    http://bit.ly/bxi7py