Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

Ebay, 5 coins (ending in 6-7 hours as of my last post- some are still a good value @ current bid lev

GERMAN STATES (BRUNSWICK-LUNEBURG-CALENBURG): 2 MARIENGROSCHEN, 1652. KM51, silver. Grade it as you please, but note the pretty pastel toning.

Link to eBay auction

INDIA (BRITISH): 1/4 RUPEE, 1862, BU. KM470, .917 silver/.0861 oz. Frosty white and lustrous.

Link to eBay auction

RUSSIA (IMPERIAL): 1/4 KOPECK (Polushka), 1900, ICG MS66 RB. KM/Y47.1, copper. St. Petersburg Mint. Very small (approx. 12 mm). Lovely sea-green and pink iridescent target toning on obverse.

Link to eBay auction

RUSSIA (IMPERIAL): 5 KOPECKS, 1763, VG. KM/C59, copper. Big, thick, and chunky. I call 'em "whopper coppers". Quite a striking size difference from the small coin above.

Link to eBay auction

SWEDEN: 2 SKILLING, 1837, EF+ to AU. KM643, copper. Some rim nicks, but also some traces of original red luster in the devices. Catalogs $130.00 XF (unlisted in higher grade) in the 4th Edition Krause catalog (2004).

Link to eBay auction

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,126 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the tiny Russian coin.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I love the tiny Russian coin. >>

Everybody does, or so it would seem. It has 29 watchers and 9 bidders as of this post.

By contrast, the Swedish coin is the unloved, redheaded stepchild of this round of auctions. Sure, it's got some rim nicks, but it's a handsome piece.

I got it from Aethelred's basement. image

Unless I am much mistaken, its Krause XF price is $130, and even if you chose to deduct a truly enormous amount for the rim nicks, there is a pretty wide gap between 99 cents and a hundred and thirty bucks. Even if you consider there are still two days left in the auction. The good news is that spoon is high bidder as of this post, so if nobody else bids and I wind up having to "give it away", I can do so contentedly enough, knowing that I couldn't be losing money to a nicer guy. (Not that I'd lose much anyway, since Aethelred let me "steal" it in the first place.)

I am also surprised that the 1652 German toner hasn't fared better. It's gained only 4 bids and 4 watchers. I can't complain, though- I got it for pretty cheap, as well.

Overall, I guess I can't really complain about the progress of these five auctions. Todd's pictures are making a difference. It is nice not to have to use my standard "coin looks better than my scans" line over and over.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These five are ending in 6-7 hours, as of this post.

• Options
    HTubbsHTubbs Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭
    Just put some bids in, good luck!
  • Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭