Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Its not fair.

PCGS, first you lock down the polls, whats next ? will you then lock down the Romanians and the Hungarians. Please set my people free. LIFE, LIBERTY & THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS!!!!
There once was a place called
Camelotimage

Comments

• Options
    Take it easy Bear, they should be gone soon.image

Larry
  • Options
    Bear,

I swear that the first thing I did this morning was to ask PCGS to unlock all the poll threads and crush them. Right after I answered their questions about the new set ideas.

Keith
    Keith ™

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keith: IMHO, it's a joke that 4 or 5 potentially serious registry guys can try to dictate policy by developing slanted polls and seeking the vote from people who could care less about the very sets they are voting on and would never put a set together regardless of the outcome of the vote. It's even more of a joke that PCGS is so mesed up in their thinking that they are even listening to this hogwash! I'm not here to win a popularity contest (never have been) so flame away! image Wondercoin.
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    Mitch,

We wouldn't expect any less from you. image

Let's see, in the first 48 hours after the set changes were announced, I saw posts of dissatisfaction from 7 of the top 10 Modern Proof setholders, 5 of the top 10 Modern setholders (3 of the 10 do not post on the forums), and 6 of the 10 Modern MS setholders. All of these guys I classify as serious, as they are 100% complete or close to it and have been an active part of the program from its start.

Plus, I saw a lot of the other 35 or so setholders making posts of frustration. My polls were based on the issues that those guys brought up. I do recognize that the poll system is limited since you have to vote to see the results, and that you can't limit the vote to "interested" parties. But I have to believe that PCGS was being swamped by e-mails as well, or they woudn't have cared what we tried to poll.

Keith
    Keith ™

• Options
    "I do recognize that the poll system is limited since you have to vote to see the results, and that you can't limit the vote to "interested" parties"

MY POINT EXACTLY!! image WONDERCOIN
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Mitch, I have to say that your comments on this thread are off base.I have great faith in the integrety and collective wisdome of the members of this forum.We are composed of an assortment of really outstanding men and women who all love our collections and in most cases have serious money in those collections. If we have sent a message to PCGS it is the danger of changing the rules of the game after play has begun. I for one hold PCGS in high regard even with their faults. What we are all trying to do is make the Registry better then it is for the collector, the hobby and even PCGS. So please let us all res pect each others opinions even when we may not totally agree with those opinions. Regards BEAR
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    "So please let us all res pect each others opinions even when we may not totally agree with those opinions"

I appreciate you respecting mine. image

IMHO, 2200 Registry sets vs. a few dozen slanted votes = chaos

Wondercoin.
  • Options
    CHAOS-A . great confusion, complete disorder.I find that there is neither disorder
    or confusion , the members of this forum have all been around the track a few times and we can spot badly worded questions and still arrive at a cogent conclusive result. Further , the polls were in addition to a number of well thought out and intelligent arguments including yours Mitch. I believe that PCGS is intellegent enough to seperate the wheat from the chaff and come up with a reasonable compromise that will, in great measuresolve the problems.. Neither the leadership of PCGS nor the members of this forum are naive, stupid or easily mislead. Please have more faith . Regards BEAR
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the nature of polling. Once you have 1% or so of those effected by the outcome, and that 1% is a representative of at least 20+, you begin to have a valid, worthwhile poll. I read that somewhere. I know it doesn't make much sense, but supposedly even with ALL members polled the results would be about the same as that 1%.

peacockcoins

• Options
    Everywhere I have ever work decisions were always based on numbers. A lot of us have very emotional and personal reasons why we believe we what a type set should contain. Polls give numbers not emotional personal responses. My first email to DH was very emotional and I was angry. I probablly did more harm than good with it. But I see they still love me ... image
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    I do disagree with wondercoin's anti-collector views. But he is right about the polls. The Polls are good to get the general feeling of the board ONLY! I e-mailed BJ Monday asking for a survey. The survey will provide the real votes and opinions. All you can ask for is some input.... the final decision is up to PCGS.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options
    Spooly, how have you been, since we voted in the last round of polls to keep you- Regards BEAR
    Camelotimage