Home Sports Talk
Options

The New York Mets

Are currently in first place. I must admit, I am shocked.

Comments

• Options
    jivanjivan Posts: 1,009
    WOW and congrats to this well oiled mets machine,,,,,
    always looking for 1969 graded basketball
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I concede the season.

No, i'm only kidding.
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I concede the season.

No, i'm only kidding. >>

Since when did a 1-1 record imply 1st place? I'm still waiting on them to put a player in the field that I've heard of. After looking at the spring training lineup yesterday and today, I think Fernando Tatis was the only name I recognized. I heard that the Mets' thought their field was too wet to play any of the veterans. I'm assuming today's lineup is basically the 2010 post- all star break line-up after all the regulars have had their injury for the year.

-Michael
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    Standard issue Mets baseball gear to their players is a uniform, glove, ball, bat, and pair of crutches.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mets are in for a bounce-back season...I guarantee it.

At the very least, we'll beat up on the Chokers, I mean, Braves...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>Standard issue Mets baseball gear to their players is a uniform, glove, ball, bat, and pair of crutches. >>

And a little league cup.
  • Options

<< <i>Mets are in for a bounce-back season...I guarantee it.

At the very least, we'll beat up on the Chokers, I mean, Braves... >>

<<< Chokers >>>

oh man, that's gotta really sting to a Braves fan, I mean that's a brutal comment, painful even.

I'm sure glad the MLB team I root for don't choke...just don't mention the NFL team I root for okay? LOL
  • Options
    From ESPN.........................

Reyes was removed from Tuesday's lineup along with several other regular starters because of wet field conditions.

(Some of the players didn't want to get their shoes muddy is what I've been hearing.)
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>From ESPN.........................

Reyes was removed from Tuesday's lineup along with several other regular starters because of wet field conditions.

(Some of the players didn't want to get their shoes muddy is what I've been hearing.) >>

I heard Reyes ws removed due to "issues with his lab work". Ruh-roh.....
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    He left the Bunsen burner on.
  • Options

Oh, I see. These threads are going to run this way all season. A theme is definitely developing... Grote- Why don't we go ahead and put a little wager (or a large wager) on who finishes higher in the East- The Braves or The Mets? I don't care what Vegas says, if you think the Mets will finish ahead of Atlanta in the NL East, then I'll take that action ALL DAY LONG. And Grote, here's one you can do with me or Stevek- Phillies vs. Mets in the NL East. I'll give you your Mets plus 7 games if you want that action too.

-Michael
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

• Options

<< <i>

Oh, I see. These threads are going to run this way all season. A theme is definitely developing... Grote- Why don't we go ahead and put a little wager (or a large wager) on who finishes higher in the East- The Braves or The Mets? I don't care what Vegas says, if you think the Mets will finish ahead of Atlanta in the NL East, then I'll take that action ALL DAY LONG. And Grote, here's one you can do with me or Stevek- Phillies vs. Mets in the NL East. I'll give you your Mets plus 7 games if you want that action too.

-Michael >>

<<< or Stevek >>>

Won't be with me - I don't gamble anymore...and frankly even if I did, sorry but it wouldn't be with anyone on the internet.
  • Options
    < Mets are in for a bounce-back season...I guarantee it.

-Michael

I appreciate the offer, but I restrict myself these days to wagering only on The Kentucky Derby at OTB where I know my payout is guaranteed...image

P.S. Your name is not Kevin, now, is it?? image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    From ESPN.........................

(Some of the players didn't want to get their shoes muddy is what I've been hearing.)

Actually, I heard it was the exhibition mercy rule, as the Cards asked us to go easy on them and not score more than 17 runs today...

• Options

<< <i>< Mets are in for a bounce-back season...I guarantee it.

-Michael

I appreciate the offer, but I restrict myself these days to wagering only on The Kentucky Derby at OTB where I know my payout is guaranteed...image

P.S. Your name is not Kevin, now, is it?? image >>

you still braggin' about that 3K tri you hit? image
  • Options
    < < Mets are in for a bounce-back season...I guarantee it.

-Michael

I appreciate the offer, but I restrict myself these days to wagering only on The Kentucky Derby at OTB where I know my payout is guaranteed...

P.S. Your name is not Kevin, now, is it?? >>

you still braggin' about that 3K tri you hit?

It was 3,600. On a $2 bet. image

• Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Could somebody refresh my memory on which team it was that coughed up a 7 game lead with 17 to play in 2007? I don't think it was Atlanta. How about in 2008? I seem to recall the Phillies passing that same team, overcomimg a 3.5 game lead with those same 17 games left. Who was that? It's right on the tip of my tongue...
  • Options

<< <i>Could somebody refresh my memory on which team it was that coughed up a 7 game lead with 17 to play in 2007? I don't think it was Atlanta. How about in 2008? I seem to recall the Phillies passing that same team, overcomimg a 3.5 game lead with those same 17 games left. Who was that? It's right on the tip of my tongue... >>

oh man, that's gotta really sting to a Mets fan, I mean that's a brutal comment, painful even.

I'm sure glad the MLB team I root for don't choke...just don't mention the NFL team I root for okay? LOL

....and please nobody accuse me of instigating any smack. LOL
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭

Beltran out. Reyes now a thyroid imbalance image

Can anyone confirm for me that Citi Field was NOT build on top of an ancient indian burial ground!??!

yeow.
  • Options

<< <i>< Mets are in for a bounce-back season...I guarantee it.

-Michael

P.S. Your name is not Kevin, now, is it?? image >>

If you're talking about the guy who used to talk up the Phillies all the time, then got booted last year, then no that is not me. I was here before that and I actually used to trade with him on the 2009 A&G thread last year. Jeez Grote, you're implying that if 2 different screen names talk smack about the Mets, then it must be the same person? There are more haters out there than you realize :>

• Options
    < Mets are in for a bounce-back season...I guarantee it.

-Michael

I appreciate the offer, but I restrict myself these days to wagering only on The Kentucky Derby at OTB where I know my payout is guaranteed...

P.S. Your name is not Kevin, now, is it?? >>

If you're talking about the guy who used to talk up the Phillies all the time, then got booted last year, then no that is not me. I was here before that and I actually used to trade with him on the 2009 A&G thread last year. Jeez Grote, you're implying that if 2 different screen names talk smack about the Mets, then it must be the same person? There are more haters out there than you realize :>

Like most Braves fans, I can see that the finer aspects of humor and innuendo escape you...but that's ok, no one ever said that Atlanta fans were savvy after all...image