Home Sports Talk
Options

Anybody catch the bit on ESPN with Kiss @ Cadillac, MI?

I live 20 minutes from there. Have for about 4 years and lived within an hour from there for 20-25 years. I shop there once or twice a week and never have heard about Kiss playing their Homecoming in 1975. That woulda been great. Seriously amazing to think a band of their caliber would do that.

Comments

• Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, that was a pretty cool, kinda weird publicity stunt. I have a lot of original footage of it on tape somewhere.

You have to remember that in 1975, they weren't HUGE superstars yet. Detroit was one of the first big cities outside of NY where they were popular.
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭

<< <i>Yeah, that was a pretty cool, kinda weird publicity stunt. I have a lot of original footage of it on tape somewhere.

You have to remember that in 1975, they weren't HUGE superstars yet. Detroit was one of the first big cities outside of NY where they were popular. >>

No, not huge then but still known. I believe they had already been on TV with DC by then. Most of their early publicity was from Simmons torching his hair. That story is what got my brother following the band, which of course led to me listening to them. They were know all over MI because of their huge D City following. Fun stuff.
  • Options
    Yep saw it. There is also great footage of the cadillac event on the dvd KISSOLOGY sold at bestbuys and walmart. great stuff.

Every once in a while a 1975 cadillac yearbook will be on ebay which of course covers this kisstoric event. Usually goes for several hundred dollars.
  • Options
    For those who missed the kiss goes to high school sportscenter clip, they can see it here at www.kissonline.com