Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

eBay amuses me...

Saw some auctions that I wanted to bid on -- all from the same seller. Shipping was $5/flat per item with no mention of combined shipping for multiple lots. I sent seller a note asking if they combine shipping on multiple lots and they said that they would be happy to do that.

I win 3 of the 10 auctions and ask for an invoice for combined shipping (expecting something around $8-10 for the 3 $5 shipping auctions).

Seller combined shipping alright -- $5 + $5 + $5 = $15

Guess I should have asked if they offered a shipping discount...oh well....

Comments

• Options
    burke23burke23 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭
    Lame. Well - I think the good thing is you can ding the crap out of them and possibly submit for a refund if they put them all in one package.
    Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.
  • Options
    I think that I know what seller you are talking about.... I asked him the same question and he said the best that he could do is $5 for each item image I didn't bid
    1938 Cartledge Boxing cards psa 7 - psa 10
    1951 Topps Red backs psa 8 only!
    1960 Golden Press Presidential set Psa 8 's - Psa 9's
    1961 Golden Press psa 9's
    1976 Topps baseball psa 9 Stars
    1980 Kelloggs baseball Psa 9's - Psa 10's
    1988-1989 Fleer Basketball psa 9's
    1988-1989 Fleer Stickers psa 9's
    1989-1990 Fleer Basketball psa 10's
    1992 Coca-Cola Donruss Nolan Ryan 1-26 Psa 10 only Gpa 9.80++ E-mail Newyork00007@aol.com
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you didn't already pay, I would pay for each auction individually and cost him on paypal fees...

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    bziddybziddy Posts: 710 ✭✭✭
    I'm not too concerned about it -- seller listed their items poorly so even with $5 shipping I got a pretty good deal. I was just amused by 'combined shipping' being nothing more than adding all shipping costs together.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>I'm not too concerned about it -- seller listed their items poorly so even with $5 shipping I got a pretty good deal. I was just amused by 'combined shipping' being nothing more than adding all shipping costs together. >>

Dumb question, but are you sure he won't combine? I get invoices like that all the time until I "point it out" that I'd like combined shipping. Whenever I request an invoice, I always put that in the note to seller.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    sportscardtheorysportscardtheory Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭
    I usually request an invoice in situations like this and they send an updated one.
  • Options
    jivanjivan Posts: 1,009
    remind him of your past emails about this problem.. am sure he will correct it.
    always looking for 1969 graded basketball
  • Options
    craiggercraigger Posts: 656 ✭✭
    i would also make him ship as 3 individual packages
    Currently collecting all sports HOF Rookie Cards graded by PSA...for my sons Jayce & Luke.

Successful dealings with: ChiSoxCardboard,
    lbcoach20, ShootyBabitt, cincyredlegs, pclpads, jwgators, hoopguru33, mphilking, daverat, Hallco, corvette1340, 8irvin8, Pre72, Estil, BigDaddyBowman, al032184. 1966CUDA, gwinny, samspop
  • Options
    al032184al032184 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭
    Is it this guy?
    jbcardzncomics

just curious
  • Options

<< <i>i would also make him ship as 3 individual packages >>

Agree with that. 3 different auctions and he won't discount shipping, so 3 seperate packages.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>i would also make him ship as 3 individual packages >>

Agree with that. 3 different auctions and he won't discount shipping, so 3 seperate packages. >>

I think everyone is over-reacting here and piling on the seller. I don't see any indication that the seller has refused to combine, only that he hasn't done so yet. It happens to me on about half the auctions I win - one simple request for invoice with a note saying 'shipping discount' works 100% of the time for me.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    The seller is new to ebay (self admitted) -- and I think he really didn't understand my request for combined shipping. I find it amusing is all (and we are really talking about a difference of $5 to $7 dollars here). I got all 3 auctions for far less (even with high shipping) then I was willing to pay. I have already paid and will probably let the seller know what I meant after I receive the items.

• Options

<< <i>Is it this guy?
    jbcardzncomics

just curious >>

No, not this guy.
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    It has to be easier on the seller to put everying in one box than make out three different boxes.
  • Options

<< <i>Saw some auctions that I wanted to bid on -- all from the same seller. Shipping was $5/flat per item with no mention of combined shipping for multiple lots. I sent seller a note asking if they combine shipping on multiple lots and they said that they would be happy to do that.

I win 3 of the 10 auctions and ask for an invoice for combined shipping (expecting something around $8-10 for the 3 $5 shipping auctions).

Seller combined shipping alright -- $5 + $5 + $5 = $15

Guess I should have asked if they offered a shipping discount...oh well.... >>

Maybe the items will cost more than 8-$10 to ship. I dont know maybe thats why he charged you the full amount. Shipping is expensive and costs keep going up.
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    Well, he did win a bowling ball, an anvil, and a Rosie O'Donnell figurine, so I don't think the $15 shipping is unjustified.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options

<< <i>Well, he did win a bowling ball, an anvil, and a Rosie O'Donnell figurine, >>

Hilarious image