I think if that happens Cleveland fans would storm Staples arena
  • Options
    jivanjivan Posts: 1,009
    why post this ??????? even the link says its highly doubtful
    always looking for 1969 graded basketball
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

That's as credible as the report in the LA Times last week that said the NBA was going to block Big Z's return to Cleveland. They specifically said they would not, and he'll be back with the Cavs 3 weeks from today.

Everybody wants to make up stuff about Lebron, but the fact is he's either going to sign a 3 year deal to stay with the Cavs (80% chance) or go to the Knicks (20% chance). And if the Cavs win the NBA Championship, those percentages change to 100% and zero.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    My feeling on Lebron is this.... A few years ago when they played the Spurs for the title he was a 1 man show--I'm not sure much has changed. If he went to the Knicks they would probably become a contender. He is so talented as a teammate. He dishes out 8.5 assists a game. That is just unreal when you are scoring 30 a night. Yes, Kobe has rings but he's almost always had some great players around him. Lebron has never had a great player with him; unless you count the Shaq experiment which is going to get them no where when its said and done. The Cavs last year got to view a serious problem for the next 10 years---Dwight Howard. The Cavs could not get through the Magic whatsoever. Only Lebrons' awesome 3 at the buzzer kept them in for a while. If you crunch his numbers, he is by far the games best player. The year Shaq left the Lakers Kobe did not even make the playoffs. I believe Lebron won 67 games last year with the Cavs...unreal.
  • Options
    why post this ??????? even the link says its highly doubtful

Well considering ESPN had it on their web-site i thought it would be interesting to talk about it considering this is a sports talk forum.. If you'd like i can run things by you from now on before i post , ok ?
    Collector of anything and everything of the Dallas Cowboys
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the plus side at least the Cavs are doing all they can to build a team around LBJ.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    I hope the Cavs find a way to keep Lebron so he only ends up winning, maybe one title. Just kidding Cav's fans...I hope he really stays there.
  • Options
    jivanjivan Posts: 1,009

<< <i>why post this ??????? even the link says its highly doubtful

Well considering ESPN had it on their web-site i thought it would be interesting to talk about it considering this is a sports talk forum.. If you'd like i can run things by you from now on before i post , ok ? >>

r u going to start posting links to the national enquirer next ???
    always looking for 1969 graded basketball
  • Options
    Mickey - you're "not sure much has changed" regarding the Cavs being a one man team?

Uh, let's compare the current roster to the one in 2007:

Current: Lebron, Shaq (all star/HOFer), Mo Williams (all star, 17 ppg), Jamison (all star, 20 ppg), Varejao, Big Z (coming back), West, Parker, Moon, Hickson (great young player), Jawad Williams (another good young player), and Daniel Gibson. They're 12 deep, any of those guys could play at any time (and have). Deepest team in the league and that includes the Lakers.

2007: Lebron, Eric Snow, Damon Jones, Larry Hughes, Varejao, Big Z, Sasha Pavlovic, Drew Gooden (one of the dumbest players in the NBA), Gibson, and 2 other stiffs I can't think of.

There's a lot that has changed.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>My feeling on Lebron is this.... A few years ago when they played the Spurs for the title he was a 1 man show--I'm not sure much has changed. If he went to the Knicks they would probably become a contender. He is so talented as a teammate. He dishes out 8.5 assists a game. That is just unreal when you are scoring 30 a night. Yes, Kobe has rings but he's almost always had some great players around him. Lebron has never had a great player with him; unless you count the Shaq experiment which is going to get them no where when its said and done. The Cavs last year got to view a serious problem for the next 10 years---Dwight Howard. The Cavs could not get through the Magic whatsoever. Only Lebrons' awesome 3 at the buzzer kept them in for a while. If you crunch his numbers, he is by far the games best player. The year Shaq left the Lakers Kobe did not even make the playoffs. I believe Lebron won 67 games last year with the Cavs...unreal. >>

What happened in the '09 Conference Finals is that the Magic shot something like 45% from 3 pt. range. Even the '97 Bulls would have lost if someone had put up that kind of FG % against them. It has nothing to do with Dwight Howard, and everything to do with catching the wrong team at the wrong time.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    I believe the Magic are a bad matchup for the Cavs. Although, I would like to see Lebron win a title. And yes, Jamison was a solid move for the Cavs. Is Shaq even going to play again this year?
  • Options
    r u going to start posting links to the national enquirer next ???

NBA.com a reliable enough source for you pal ?
    Collector of anything and everything of the Dallas Cowboys
  • Options
    Mickey -

You're right, the Magic do present matchup problems for the Cavs even with Shaq. He'll be back for the start of the playoffs. They're a worse problem for Cleveland than the Lakers because the Cavs present matchup problems of their own for the Lakers, namely several small quick guards like Williams and West who are much faster than Fisher and Farmar.
    Ron Burgundy

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ron,

The problem is Cleveland has to get thru the Majic to get to the Lakers.

Dewight Howard is a match up problem for the Cavs even if Shaq returns or not.
  • Options
    Dime -

Have you watched the games this year? Adding Shaq is only part of it, the Magic of Panic don't have Hedo. They have Vince Carter, who is a dumb basketball player. Orlando better concern themselves with Hotlanta.............
    Ron Burgundy

• Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    The Bobcats might wear the Cavs out if they can make it into the playoffs.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The Bobcats might wear the Cavs out if they can make it into the playoffs. >>

best D in the league, the Cats are sneaky tough. I wouldn't want to battle them in the first round... even if you get past them, you're beat up.
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    Them Bobcats have played both the Cavs and the Lake Show extremely tough this year. I wouldn't want to face a Larry Brown coached team in the playoffs.
    Ron Burgundy