Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Seller who don't leave FB are meanies...

Ok, I've had 12 tranactions as a buyer and have received just about all my items. How many FB did I get as a buyer? ZERO!
What the hell is their problem? Are they just afraid to leave fb?
I can be a psycho and just leave them all negs for failing to post fb, but that's not my style, and i know there are buyers out there that do that. I have left fb first on some as a buyer but never got any in return, so I'm stopping that. Jerkwads!

P.S. And yes I always leave FB immediately as a seller upon payment.

Comments

• Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

"...P.S. And yes I always leave FB immediately as a seller upon payment. ..."

////////////////////

Ditto.

Game Theory tells us that a player will/should make any move that
    costs him nothing.

Under the tilted FB-scheme, leaving FB first costs a seller NOTHING.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    leaving FB first costs a seller NOTHING.

Exactly!
  • Options
    burke23burke23 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭
    I think many sellers disagree now that they can't leave negative feedback for buyers. I leave feedback first as a seller, but you never know what the buyer may do after that is done. I notice maybe half of my purchases I don't get feedback until I leave it.
    Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.
  • Options
    Sorry, but I just don't spend any time caring about feedback.
  • Options
    jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭
    Ditto squared on feedback when a seller. As a buyer I refuse to leave feedback if the seller doesn't leave me feedback first as I usually pay within a day.

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sorry, but I just don't spend any time caring about feedback. >>

I'm sure Bryan will find alot of solace in that.
    Mike
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭

Maybe it was all the late-night phone calls, heavy breathing, etc.

Some people are so sensitive.

• Options
    jlzinckjlzinck Posts: 907 ✭✭
    As a seller I leave feedback when payment is received. I usually only received about 60% back.

As a buyer I inform the seller that I have received the item and would gladly leave feedback as soon as they do as I completed my end of the transaction 1st
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    I have a series of Voodoo dolls that I stick pins into, set afire or lay face first in one of the neighbor's Terrier's backyard "gifts." I'm amazed at how quickly feedback is left when the Voodoo dolls are put into action.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    As a buyer, I leave FB the same day I receive the item.

As a seller I may wait a week or so after a bunch of sales and I leave them all at once. It would be a pain in the neck if I had to camp out on ebay just to leave FB minutes after I receive payment. Every once in a while I'll receive a polite note to leave FB, and I leave it right away. If you really care that much, you should write them a POLITE note. Leaving a neg for not receiving FB is pretty lame, in my opinion.

Is there a way to set it up to leave an auto-feedback once you receive payment?
  • Options

"... I think many sellers disagree now that they can't leave negative feedback for buyers. I leave feedback first as a seller, but you never know what the buyer may do after that is done...."

///////////////////////////////////////

Such sellers simply "don't get it."

Game Theory dictates that the absence of a seller's ability to retaliate
    against bad-faith FB is the VERY reason that a seller is acting in his own
    best interest by leaving FB first.

Under the old FB scheme, sellers "never knew what kind of FB" a buyer
    would leave. Sellers simply had the deterent advantage of being able to
    retaliate against bad-faith FB. With that advantage removed, there is NO
    greater risk to the seller than there was in the past. AND, with retaliation
    abilities gone, the seller gains NOTHING by withholding FB.

IN FACT, some/many buyers are mentally-ill about FB. Thus, withholding FB
    is MUCH more likely to garner NEGs - or no FB at all - than it is to "protect"
    a seller from adverse FB.

I use the auto-FB program. Some buyers return FB, most don't. With so much
    SCUM on EBAY, I know that I am LUCKY when folks leave me no FB at all.

EBAY says:

Automatically leaving positive feedback ........

You can reduce the time you spend leaving feedback by automatically sending positive feedback to buyers.

Tip: Because automated feedback is always positive, it's a good idea to review your stored comments to ensure they are positive before setting this preference.

Here’s how automated feedback works:

You decide when you want feedback to be left by choosing between two options.

Feedback option
    Description

Buyer has paid for this item.
    Automatically leaves feedback comments when you mark a payment as received.

Buyer has paid for this item and left me positive feedback.
    Automatically leaves feedback comments when you mark a payment as received and the buyer has left you positive feedback.

When a feedback rule is triggered (for example, when the buyer pays), Selling Manager Pro generates positive feedback for the buyer and randomly uses one of your stored comments.

Once feedback is left for the buyer, the feedback status for that sold listing is updated. If feedback isn't sent because of a system failure or because the buyer was suspended, an alert is generated in the Summary view.

////////////////

auctiva and other vendors also have free programs that take the work out of leaving FB.

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check with the sellers feedback and see if they left FB for other customers.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    As a seller, I have always left feedback when payment is received and the item is shipped. As a buyer, if I have not received feedback by the time I receive my item, I will not leave feedback.

I check my items in through My eBay. I leave feedback for those who have done so for me and then delete the item. For those who have not left feedback, I just delete them and move on to the next.

I believe some sellers do not leave feedback in hopes the buyer will be less inclined to do so... especially when the buyer is likely to ding their DSRs. For example, it seems many sellers who charge higher shipping do not leave feedback.

Sellers playing the feedback hostage game led eBay to institute their buyer skewed feedback policy. Playing feedback games now only opens sellers up to negative feedback from fanatic feedback junkies.

Snorto~
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭✭
    Ebay did the right thing by no longer letting sellers retaliate. I speak as a victim of retaliatory feedback and the current seller I'm having problems with would no doubt retaliate against me with a neg if he could.
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options

<< <i>Ok, I've had 12 tranactions as a buyer and have received just about all my items. How many FB did I get as a buyer? ZERO!
    I can be a psycho and just leave them all negs for failing to post fb, but that's not my style, and i know there are buyers out there that do that. I have left fb first on some as a buyer but never got any in return, so I'm stopping that. Jerkwads!

P.S. And yes I always leave FB immediately as a seller upon payment. >>

As you the buyer i would send the sellers an email asking for feedback. If they ignore, after a few weeks i would leave a neg.
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭

<< <i>"...P.S. And yes I always leave FB immediately as a seller upon payment. ..."

////////////////////

Ditto.

Game Theory tells us that a player will/should make any move that
    costs him nothing.

Under the tilted FB-scheme, leaving FB first costs a seller NOTHING. >>

-----------------------

Likewise, not leaving customers feedback can cost A LOT. Good customer service says to make your customers think you appreciate their business rather you really do or not.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    As far as my list of priorities goes, I put leaving feedback right between cleaning my oven and brushing my cat. Sure it's stuff that needs to be done, but I'll get to it when I get to it. Is it lazy? Sure. Should I leave feedback immediately? Yeah, probably. But in the grand scheme of things I don't see it affecting my life that much so I'm not going to go out of my way to do it. If it costs me a couple negs I"m not going to lose sleep. I usually leave it in bunches for all my transactions about once a month.

Also, one thing you might consider is that many sellers only leave feedback once the buyer has left it. Funny enough many buyers only leave it after the seller leaves it. You might just be in one of these Mexican standoff situations with a lot of these sellers.

In the end, the whole feedback thing is a joke and unless you're completely irresponsible or have less than 20 transactions, it probably won't make one lick of difference in your life.
  • Options

<< <i>
    In the end, the whole feedback thing is a joke and unless you're completely irresponsible or have less than 20 transactions, it probably won't make one lick of difference in your life. >>

You are exactly right. Now you can brush your cat.
  • Options

<< <i>Ditto squared on feedback when a seller. As a buyer I refuse to leave feedback if the seller doesn't leave me feedback first as I usually pay within a day. >>

+1
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

<< <i>In the end, the whole feedback thing is a joke and unless you're completely irresponsible or have less than 20 transactions, it probably won't make one lick of difference in your life. >>

+1
  • Options
    I'm supposed to brush my cat?
  • Options
    I'm supposed to brush my cat?

Yeah man, they get all clumpy and nasty and start coughing up hairballs everywhere.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm supposed to brush my cat?

Yeah man, they get all clumpy and nasty and start coughing up hairballs everywhere. >>

Oh, oops.

Mine must have figured out how to brush her own hair, lol.
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

As you the buyer i would send the sellers an email asking for feedback. If they ignore, after a few weeks i would leave a neg. >>

Leaving a neg because a seller didn't leave feedback? That's just dumb. The feedback you didn't receive has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of the product you received, how fast you received it, and the care taken in shipping it.

Tabe
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

As you the buyer i would send the sellers an email asking for feedback. If they ignore, after a few weeks i would leave a neg. >>

Leaving a neg because a seller didn't leave feedback? That's just dumb. The feedback you didn't receive has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of the product you received, how fast you received it, and the care taken in shipping it.

Tabe >>

Same thing in reverse, which is why its stupid that sellers wait to leave feedback. When I've sent my money, my job as a buyer is done. As a seller, I leave feedback as part of the 'pack & ship' process.

Like others have said, feedback count is silly once you reach a certain number. I've spent more time in this thread than I usually spend worrying about feedback.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    It really does not take that much time to sign in and leave feedback.
  • Options
    sportscardtheorysportscardtheory Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭
    I leave feedback when the transaction is complete, as a buyer and as a seller. That is just common sense, which I guess goes against a lot of people's opinion on the subject.

Edit - Meaning I leave feedback when an item is received as a buyer and after feedback is received as a seller.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

>>

And theres also something else ebay describes as COMMUNICATION. If the seller chooses to ignore the buyer after the buyer pays, then he deserves a neg.
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>As far as my list of priorities goes, I put leaving feedback right between cleaning my oven and brushing my cat. Sure it's stuff that needs to be done, but I'll get to it when I get to it. Is it lazy? Sure. Should I leave feedback immediately? Yeah, probably. But in the grand scheme of things I don't see it affecting my life that much so I'm not going to go out of my way to do it. If it costs me a couple negs I"m not going to lose sleep. I usually leave it in bunches for all my transactions about once a month. >>

Well, you've left me a couple and they were both nice and prompt, so...no evil Karma coming at you from my way.

As a buyer, I leave positive feedback within 12 hours or so of receipt unless I have an issue with the merchandise. If I get it back, cool. If not, no biggie. It's kind of like nodding or saying "hi" on the street. If I don't get it back, I won't be that upset. Some people just aren't into it.
  • Options
    I would have about 1000 more feedbacks as a buyer if every seller left feedback like they should have. I rarely leave feedback (as a buyer) first because I believe the seller should do it first!

Rick
    Buying or trading for Cubs, Angels autos and anything related to Nick Adenhart! ****RIP NA 34****
  • Options

<< <i>I would have about 1000 more feedbacks as a buyer if every seller left feedback like they should have. I rarely leave feedback (as a buyer) first because I believe the seller should do it first!

Rick >>

I don't understand what you are waiting for. You paid, received your item and are happy... you then leave feedback, because everything worked out for you. So what are you waiting for? I as a seller won't leave feedback until I know the buyer has received his end, meaning the transaction is complete. I also leave feedback as soon as I get an item and am happy, because the transaction is complete. Waiting for feedback from the seller seems absolutely pointless.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can understand not sending the card until you are paid. I do not understand deliberately not giving feedback until it is received.Chain of events 1. Seller says this is for sale (auction). 2.Buyer says "I'll take it (wins, pays) 3. Seller says "Thank You" (feedback) 4. Buyer says "you're welcome" (feedback)
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

<< <i>I can understand not sending the card until you are paid. I do not understand deliberately not giving feedback until it is received.Chain of events 1. Seller says this is for sale (auction). 2.Buyer says "I'll take it (wins, pays) 3. Seller says "Thank You" (feedback) 4. Buyer says "you're welcome" (feedback) >>

Because the transaction isn't complete until you know the item was received. "Thanks for paying" doesn't seem to be enough for me to leave feedback.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I would have about 1000 more feedbacks as a buyer if every seller left feedback like they should have. I rarely leave feedback (as a buyer) first because I believe the seller should do it first!

Rick >>

I don't understand what you are waiting for. You paid, received your item and are happy... you then leave feedback, because everything worked out for you. So what are you waiting for? I as a seller won't leave feedback until I know the buyer has received his end, meaning the transaction is complete. I also leave feedback as soon as I get an item and am happy, because the transaction is complete. Waiting for feedback from the seller seems absolutely pointless. >>

My opinion is that since I always pay right away then I should get feedback immediately. I held up my end of the deal so I should have feedback before I receive my item.

Rick
    Buying or trading for Cubs, Angels autos and anything related to Nick Adenhart! ****RIP NA 34****
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    An early transaction I had (off eBay and on Half.com which shows on feedback) was for a DVD which was in new shape. I left feedback after his purchase and he later, without contacting me, left a neutral saying "no mention of scratched disk" - now honestly I would have just given the guy his money back and let him keep the disk to keep from getting that neutral.

People who buy sports cards I will leave feedback for immediately after the purchase, but now I wait a little longer before leaving feedback on the Half.com transactions...but I WILL evenually leave it regardless if the buyer does not.

Patrick
  • Options
    The sellers who don't give feedback when payment is received, get exact dsr(low). Seller leaves feedback first, most likely they get all 5s. Unless shipping price is high or shipping notification is slow,not Usps fault. Lazy shippers, sending an item out a week after a BIN.
  • Options

<< <i>The sellers who don't give feedback when payment is received, get exact dsr(low). Seller leaves feedback first, most likely they get all 5s. Unless shipping price is high or shipping notification is slow,not Usps fault. Lazy shippers, sending an item out a week after a BIN. >>

I still don't see why it matters if they leave it first. No one has come up with a good reason as to why it makes sense.
  • Options

<< <i>The sellers who don't give feedback when payment is received, get exact dsr(low). Seller leaves feedback first, most likely they get all 5s. Unless shipping price is high or shipping notification is slow,not Usps fault. Lazy shippers, sending an item out a week after a BIN. >>

That's not really fair to the sellers as eBay doesn't have a rating for who leaves feedback first.

//////

Another thing: buyers should check "Handling Time" I'm a student and don't have time to ship items out the same day...sometimes it takes up to 5 business days for me to get to the post office (I have t ogo to the PO for Canada orders, which with hockey make up a lot of my transactions) US orders I can put in my mailbox the same or next day, but still have to put 5 days just to save myself.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leaving a neg because a seller did not leave you FB is absolutely asinine.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>And theres also something else ebay describes as COMMUNICATION. If the seller chooses to ignore the buyer after the buyer pays, then he deserves a neg. >>

WTF!?!?!?!?!?! It is buyers like you that is the reason Ebay has gotten worse and worse as the years have passed.....
  • Options

<< <i>Leaving a neg because a seller did not leave you FB is absolutely asinine. >>

//////////////////////////

It is a VERY common occurrence.
  • Options
    Yea Storm....along with reasoning like that, and the constant fee hikes, most sellers are gonna take a hike....then the only one left to buy from off of Ebay will be 707!!!! Now how do you like paying that extra 50% markup!!!!!!!
  • Options
    < Leaving a neg because a seller did not leave you FB is absolutely asinine. >>

Sadly, Storm, you are correct, but then again it's very common to encounter idiots in any realm, so I guess ebay is no different in that regard..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>Leaving a neg because a seller did not leave you FB is absolutely asinine. >>

I couldn't agree more. I can't even explain how ludicrous it is. Feedback is optional, for EVERYONE. Buyers are not REQUIRED to leave feedback and vice versa. Transaction complete=feedback left, for me. Simple concept that if everyone followed would put to rest a lot of the BS.
  • Options
    < Leaving a neg because a seller did not leave you FB is absolutely asinine. >>

I couldn't agree more. I can't even explain how ludicrous it is. Feedback is optional, for EVERYONE. Buyers are not REQUIRED to leave feedback and vice versa. Transaction complete=feedback left, for me. Simple concept that if everyone followed would put to rest a lot of the BS.

Agreed. My only concern as a buyer is that I receive the item as described. What's even more amusing is those buyers who worry so much about FB and then leave positives for items that are bogus, resealed, doctored or fake. But at least the weasel seller left them positive feedback, so all is well, LOL..

• Options
    I have to take many different approaches to leaving my buyers feedback, I'm sorry but it's those darn half.com transactions which are horrible.
  • Options
    Ha!!! That reminds me of a guy who complained because the PSA card I sold him was overgraded. Meanwhile, looking at his feedback, all he bought was PRO & GEM cards....and they are got glowing feedbacks!! Some people....
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,770 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>< Leaving a neg because a seller did not leave you FB is absolutely asinine. >>

Sadly, Storm, you are correct, but then again it's very common to encounter idiots in any realm, so I guess ebay is no different in that regard.. >>

I worked for 4 years in a camera shop - those customers in general were worse than ebay customers...for example whenever they had underexposed or overexposed prints, it was like almost always the film developer's fault, and hardly ever their fault that they didn't know how to use the friggin' camera. LOL
  • Options
    The seller received my money, my obligation as a buyer is COMPLETE, and I should receive feedback stating so.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>< Leaving a neg because a seller did not leave you FB is absolutely asinine. >>

Sadly, Storm, you are correct, but then again it's very common to encounter idiots in any realm, so I guess ebay is no different in that regard.. >>

I worked for 4 years in a camera shop - those customers in general were worse than ebay customers...for example whenever they had underexposed or overexposed prints, it was like almost always the film developer's fault, and hardly ever their fault that they didn't know how to use the friggin' camera. LOL >>

food industry is pretty bad too...so is the pet and hobby..people buy fish w/o checking their water, kill them and say it's our fault (when the fish has been alive and well) people buy RC heli's and crash them, then say something is wrong with this or that...when I think about it...I just hate people.