Home PSA Set Registry Forum

3 Cards To Go - 1964 Topps

All:

Well, I am now down to the final 3 cards that I need to complete my 1964 set in PSA 8 condition and above. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The cards that I need are the following:

#3 NL Pitching Leaders
#6 AL Strikeout Leaders
#500 Camilo Pascual

So, if you know of anyone that has the cards at a reasonable price, please let me know.

Please email me or send me a PM.

Thanks

Rob Ruth

robr19672@yahoo.com

Comments

• good luck on the pascual, thats a tough card
    In the USA all men are created equal but some are more equal than others....
  • Way to go, make sure to post a picture of yourself inserting the last card into the set!! Tremendous feat!
  • Well, that is if I will ever get there....lol
  • Check out Ebay auction 390164376947. It's one of your 3 remaining cards!
    71bucs
  • divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats your almost there...image

Good luck with the remaining cards...Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Thank you so much. I never saw that one. When I do a search I was always using strikeout as a whole and that card would not come up.

Thanks again for the heads up.

Rob Ruth
  • HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭
    Rob, congratulations on getting this close! How long have you been working on the set?? I'm only at 82% or so on my '62Topps sets -- which I've been working on for over five years...

• Well, I found a way to screw that up last night and was unable to pick up the card.

I have been working on the set now for about 3 years I guess.

Here is what I am going to do.

I am thinking of putting out a reward for the 3 cards that I need. I guess I will need to find out what I would be willing to pay for the cards and publish that to those who might want to look for the cards for me.

What do you guys think? A good idea?

Rob Ruth
  • KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    That would probably be better than, "So, if you know of anyone that has the cards at a reasonable price, please let me know."
    Check the sets of other collectors on the registry. Somebody concentrating on a 7 average set might happen to have a card you need, and while he might not be willing to let it go at the reasonable SMR price of $25, an offer of the most recent auction price of $100 might get it done.
  • markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, I found a way to screw that up last night and was unable to pick up the card.

I have been working on the set now for about 3 years I guess.

Here is what I am going to do.

I am thinking of putting out a reward for the 3 cards that I need. I guess I will need to find out what I would be willing to pay for the cards and publish that to those who might want to look for the cards for me.

What do you guys think? A good idea?

Rob Ruth >>

I was the underbidder at well above VCP. I was hoping you had won it.
  • Rob...#3 and #6...even though they are PSA 8 cards they are going to cost you...#3 is probably going to cost you around $400...#6 is around $150...these two cards just don't show-up that often...good luck...

Yes you did miss #6..."been there done that myself"

Henri
    Collector
    Topps 58,59,60,61,62,63,64 Sets
    Fleer 60, 61-62 Sets
  • Henri:

Yes, how well I know.

Also, when I mentioned reasonable prices, I was refering to willing to pay VCP prices and what the cards have been going for lately on EBAY.

I know the #3 would be around the $350 range, and I was willing to go up to about the $130 range for #6, and that is more then it has ever sold for, per VCP.

Well, when they come up again, I doubt I will miss out on them.

Until then, I have started working on a 1954 Topps BB set, and so far have nearly pieced together nearly 20% of the set already. image