Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1932 German Olympic 4 Man Bobsled Team card

I've got albums from the '32 and '36 Olympics - the '32 cards are attached to the pages while the '36 aren't - not sure where the '36 album is.

In light of the Olympics, I pulled out the '32 tonite to look at - the olympics are way cooler today!

Here's the '32 German Team - both albums are from Germany BTW.

The key reason I picked bobsled was the fact that the American team won the gold tonite for the first time in 62 years!!!!!!!!!

It was inspiring to watch - they got a good start and the pilot kept them on track - he coulda choked fer sure - they only won by a half second over 4 runs!!!!

Mike

Comments

• Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Props to the US Olympic bobsled team. I thought it was especially neat since Holcumb has a gut like a normal person. Made me not feel so bad. image

Jesse Owens is part of that set too right?

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    Amazing. I didn't realize Hitler was on the 1932 team.
  • Options

<< <i>Props to the US Olympic bobsled team. I thought it was especially neat since Holcumb has a gut like a normal person. >>

Yep. We call them the blobsled team.
  • Options
    If anyone has a chance to visit Utah, check out Olympic Park.

I highly recommend the bobsled ride... it's on the actual 2002 Olympic games track.

They obviously take it "slow" compared to competition speeds, but it is still an intense ride... makes a rollercoaster seem like Mr. Toad's (not so) Wild Ride.

Snorto~
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Props to the US Olympic bobsled team. I thought it was especially neat since Holcumb has a gut like a normal person. Made me not feel so bad. image

Jesse Owens is part of that set too right?

Mike >>

No Mike - he participated in the '36 olympics.

On the gut thing - he is a little stout but his team is in top notch shape - how fast and strongly they can propel the sled can/will make the difference between winning and losing.
    Mike
  • Options
    Cool pic Mike!

anyone notice how cordial, polite, the germans were after getting beat...

they seemed like nice guys, who were real good sports too....i mean, they are not accustomed to losing!
  • Options
    Are those German cards from the Greiling Cigarette album ? Is it just winter or both Olympics ? Were there any soccer cards in the loose 1936 set ?

The USA bobsled victory was a huge accomplishment.

cheers
  • Options
    That was great to watch last night! Congrats to the Americans for winning the gold. Hopefully our hockey team can do the same today.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Are those German cards from the Greiling Cigarette album ? Is it just winter or both Olympics ? Were there any soccer cards in the loose 1936 set ?

The USA bobsled victory was a huge accomplishment.

cheers >>

This is a hardcover album entitled Olympia 1932 - inner page - Die Olympishcen Spiele in Los Angeles 1932.

There's a pic with Pres. Hoover on page 4. I don't see Hitler in the album - he's in the '36 Album - I think he took over in '33?

This main the summer olympics - but there is a section in the end with the winter olympics - not every complete.

I can't find any reference to soccer - tho there is a field hockey card.

These cards have been glued into the album.
    Mike
  • Options
    RobbRobb Posts: 2,034

<< <i>Props to the US Olympic bobsled team. I thought it was especially neat since Holcumb has a gut like a normal person. Made me not feel so bad. image >>

I laughed about the gut at first but after hearing about the eye surgery I quickly got over it. He was losing his sight and told his coach that he would have to retire in fear of wrecking the sled and hurting his teammates. The coaching staff and trainers encouraged him to try an unapproved by the FDA surgery that basically surgically inserts a contact lens permanently. That's dedication.
    imageRIP
  • Options

<< <i>I've got albums from the '32 and '36 Olympics - the '32 cards are attached to the pages while the '36 aren't - not sure where the '36 album is.
    ; >>

Did you take these pictures yourself Mike? image

Very cool items actually, thank you for posting these!
  • Options
    BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    Imagine the '32 sled turning over at 90+ mph on Whistler...... image
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    Great crd Mike, thanks for sharing.

The Night Trains run was epic, congrats to them. image