Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

A real head scratcher......

I got back from a show today in Charlotte and there was one thing I noticed that really bothers me. I saw at least one 51 Bowman Mantle, 3 Clemente rookies, 3 Koufax rookies and countless other big $ cards in 3" thick plexiglass cases. Didn't this stop in 1990? I am assuming they have them in there so they can hide imperfections. I mean really, some of those cases looked like you needed a Black and Decker drill to get the card out. Besides that, why would you have them in there anyways. You will damage the card. The crazy thing is, most of these cards were in decent condition.

Oh yeah, one other thing. Isn't it funny when a dealer has all PSA graded cards execpt for one display case which is full of raw HOF's and has a note saying NM/MT and Mint. Really, if they were, they would have been graded already by the dealer.

Anyways, just my little rant. On a lighter note, here is a nice litte Mantle I did pick up for my collection. It looks like the centering is keeping it from a 7. I also picked up some very nice 59 topps BB commons. I will post pictures in the Raw Saturday thread.

Mark
Project:

T206 Set - 300/524

Comments