Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Submission Games or Not...

Anyone want to share their submission techniques for maximizing high grade results. I've had the best luck with subs of eight to nine cards with the highest quality first in the order. Have had more mint-9 results using this than more or less cards per submission. Or maybe its just been my imagination.

Comments

• Options
    Keep dreaming
    Cory
    ----------------------
    Working on:
    Football
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (99.81%)
    1976 Topps PSA 9+ (36.36%)
    1977 Topps PSA 9+ (100%)

Baseball
    1938 Goudey (56.25%)
    1951 Topps Redbacks PSA 8 (100%)
    1952 Bowman PSA 7+ (63.10%)
    1953 Topps PSA 5+ (91.24%)
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (70.76%)
    1985 Fleer PSA 10 (54.85%)
  • Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭
    I collect mostly modern (1990s plus) so the variance in the grading criteria is minimal. I have seen some crazy
    results from certain vintage years. Yes, there will always be some subjectivity and that you will never
    remove from grading.
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    I send multiples of a card, throwing in some lower graded examples...and sometimes add a 4sc card for review
  • Options
    Im just awesome no matter how many cards I send in image
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Anyone want to share their submission techniques for maximizing high grade results. I've had the best luck with subs of eight to nine cards with the highest quality first in the order. Have had more mint-9 results using this than more or less cards per submission. Or maybe its just been my imagination. >>

Apophenia

Edit to add: I'm just kidding around. But, in all honesty, I don't think it would matter one bit how you would order your cards.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>I send multiples of a card, throwing in some lower graded examples...and sometimes add a 4sc card for review >>

+1, especially on the 2nd part
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq