Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1960 PSA Bump?

I have gone over about 500 PSA 8s and selected 20 cards that I feel may make 8.5 I have a lousy track record cracking, submitting higher grade, etc. Hopefully these scans are good enough. What do you think?
Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

Comments

• Options
    Not the Williams. The bottom left(top right in your scan) looks like too much wear. Beautiful cards though.
  • Options
    Agree with Johnny Bench
  • Options
    Have no fears. All solid cards. Very unlikely to drop a grade IMO. All could grade 8.5. No significant downside in trying because they appear to be strong for the grade. Go for it! Pete
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    may be hard for the Williams to bump as the image appears to be upside down.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    oh. how embarrassing. i was standing on my head. image
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    They are nice its really hard to tell it appears because of them being encased.Surface condition would make some what of a difference.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    I'd give it a shot. You don't see white borders like those very often. Very nice!

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    is it really financially worth it trying to get a .5 bumb?
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd sub 'em all -- no way you'll get 7's. Can only go up.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [is it really financially worth it trying to get a .5 bumb?

The answer to that is no. Probably better off to spend the money on cards already graded. But if I bumped 10 cards I could move from 62nd to 59th place in the registry. image I have vouchers for 7 grades but I should save them for something else. I do have a 55 common that seemed flawless in an SGC 88 holder. It crossed to PSA 8. I've thought about sending it in for some time. You would have to have a lot of success to offset the expense of the cards that do not bump. I cracked some out before which did not work out well. I am 100% certain that the Williams would come back a lower grade if cracked out. Here is another Williams that did not make the cut because of lower right corner.
    Checking the pop report shows very few cards grade at .5 so of my 16 I could submit there is no way half would succeed.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Ralph ... if it's not worth it financially, I'd try to buy the 8.5 and then sell your 8.

To answer your question, I think the Tex and Tito have a good shot. NO WAY (unless there is something on the card we can't see) do they drop below an 8.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    Edit: Nevermind, didn't realize it was a different williams card.