Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Are 1996 Leaf Signature Series card real signatures?

Are the signatures on the 1996 Leaf SignatureSeries card real or just printed onthe card. i have a Mariano Rivera card and I am almost 99% positive it is a real signature but I just wanted to make sure.image
Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars

Comments

• 72skywalker72skywalker Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭
  • BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Real deal...I was 12 when they were released and pulled a Schilling auto. I've sence aquired some Thomases.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Yes, they are.
  • PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monster set to put together! I have a friend who has worked on the bronze version for years and only need the DeShields card to complete it. If anyone has one.... please offer.
    Sorry for the slight hijack! Just to stay within the question, they are indeed real and MOST are pretty inexpensive to obtain!
    Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • 72skywalker72skywalker Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭
    Very cool, thanks.
  • AUPTAUPT Posts: 806 ✭✭✭
    Promethius . . . I know that Standard Catalog is not awlays 100% on checklists of this sort, but DeShields is not listed in the 1996 Leaf Signature Series autos.
  • Real fun box to break, and they weren't that expensive at the time. The Mariano auto is one of the better ones in the set.
  • DeSheilds was on the check list from Donruss (LEAF) as a Dodger, not sure if it was ever released. Pedro was the card I chased back then, must of had 20-30 bronze at one point with several silver and 3-4 Golds all at about $1.00 a pop. Made some good change on them and kept a couple of each color.
  • AUPTAUPT Posts: 806 ✭✭✭
    I knew there was something rattling around the back of my skull about that DeShields cards. Now that MLRMLEO mentioned it, I think he's got it right. The DeShields was on the original checklist, but was never actually issued, that's why it's not listed in the catalog.
  • samspopsamspop Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Monster set to put together! I have a friend who has worked on the bronze version for years and only need the DeShields card to complete it. If anyone has one.... please offer. >>

With the additional information about the DeShields card on the thread, it is kindofa good news/bad news for your buddy....

The bad news is he spent the last several years looking for a non-existent card. The good news is, HE IS FINALLY FINISHED WITH THE SET!! Wooo Hooo!!

Tell your buddy, nice set, by the way!